Blue Jays take LHP Evan Smith #115 in the fourth round

The Blue Jays selected 6'5" 190 pound left handed pitcher Evan Smith out of Mary G Montgomery HS in Semmes, Alabama with their fourth round pick, #115 overall. This is the fourth high school pitcher selected by the Blue Jays in this year's draft.

Matt Garrioch of MinorLeagueBall had this blurb on Smith:

P, 25/50: up to 93, plus cb, shoulder concern

He also notes that Smith has a commitment to Faulkner State Community College, which he almost certainly won't attend.

Perfect Game has Smith as a "Prospect on the Rise" just as Patrick Murphy was:

PROSPECT ON THE RISE: Evan Smith, lhp, Mary G. Montgomery HS, Semmes. With a fastball that topped in the high-80s last summer, Smith did not rank among Alabama’s 10 best high-school prospects in the 2013 draft class entering his senior year, but the 6-foot-5 lefthander has added 4-5 mph in velocity while almost every one of the state’s top-ranked prep players has regressed to some degree—for any number of reasons. If enough clubs are scared off by right-hander Keegan Thompson’s stated desire to attend college at Auburn, Smith could conceivably surface as the first pick from the state’s high-school ranks.