PRESENTED BY 953440453_mcdonaldsclubhouse_stb

Steve Delabar wins 'Final Vote'

Steve looks a little surprised to be joining the All-Star team - Leon Halip

So we'll have 4 Blue Jays at the All-Star game. You'd almost imagine we weren't a last place team, still looking up at .500.

Steve Delabar got 9.6 million votes.

This completes the teacher to All-Star transformation that Delabar has undergone. This season Delabar has out 12.4 strikeouts per 9 innings. He's really picked it up in the last month, having 19.6 strikeouts per 9 in that time. He's also only allowed 6.3 hits/9 this season. We won't mention the 4.8 walk/9.

Batters are just hitting .196/.305/.264 this season. He has 4 holds and 1 save, from yesterday, getting the save on one pitch.

Steve joins Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Bautista and Brett Cecil on the AL All-Star team.

Congratulations Steve, it is a well deserved honor.

Freddy Freeman won the vote in the AL, just beating out Yasiel Puig, with a record 19.6 million votes.

In other news:

  • the Jays announced the signing of their 6th round draft pick LHP Matt Boyd
  • Drew Hutchison is joining the Dunedin Blue Jays on a rehab assignment.