He's Back! Brett Lawrie Recalled, Kawasaki Optioned

Jared Wickerham

Brett Lawrie has been recalled to the Toronto Blue Jays and is expected to be in the lineup today against Baltimore according to this tweet by Mike Wilner:

He sprained his ankle on May 27th and had a slightly extended rehab stint in a few different minor league affiliates of the Blue Jays. He also tried playing second base during his rehab, which hopefully doesn't translate to a position change with the big squad.

The man going down (again) is fan favourite Munenori Kawasaki as expected:

There was no real place for Kawasaki with Lawrie coming up and so many infielders on the active roster.

The last piece of news, which a lot of people were fearing, is that Brett Lawrie will be starting today at second base and Maicer Izturis will start at third base:

Yours truly wrote some words about Brett Lawrie at second base a while back and now I must say, something most definitely is rotten in the state of Denmark.

If you're watching this game, good luck to you.