"You're With Me, Leather" Sunday July 14, 2013 Links

The Man In White is out there! - USA TODAY Sports

A win. Holy crow a win! In Charm City! And no wild accusations from (sore) loser Jason Hammel about the man in white helping the Jays beat him! Huzzah! The all star break couldn't come at a better time. Who knows? Maybe the Jays will go on another 11 game winning streak? Yeah, I know... For those wondering, the title is a quote allegedly attributed to the ultra annoying Chris Berman from one of Deadspin's stories about the home run derby announcer.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays' offence steps up against Orioles | Toronto Star
The Star's recap: Jose Bautista broke out of an extended slump with an RBI double in Toronto’s three-run seventh.

Arencibia comes through as Jays down Orioles - Sportsnet.ca
Sportsnet's Recap: J.P. Arencibia put Toronto ahead with a two-run single in the sixth inning, and the Blue Jays came away with a 7-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday.

Jason Hammel struggles again as Orioles fall, 7-3, to Blue Jays - baltimoresun.com
The O's sadder recap: Right-hander gives up six runs, 10 hits in six-plus innings against Toronto (for some strange reason he doesn't blame the man in white.)

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays president Paul Beeston says no plans to ditch Dunedin — yet | Toronto Star
According to a report by the Houston Chronicle the Blue Jays will leave their longtime spring-training home in Dunedin, Fla., to join the Astros in Palm Beach Gardens. But Jays president Paul Beeston says there’s no deal yet.

Ford Leaders in the Field - Sportsnet.ca
A look at Paul Beeston's role with the Jays.

Minor Leaguer's Addition:

Interest in trading for Garza remains high - ESPN Chicago
According to Bruce Levine, the Blue Jays and the Rangers are the "front-runners" to acquire Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs. It really really surprise me if the Jays do pull of a trade for the rental arm. Alex Anthopoulos could just be sending his staff to check him out, take notes, and do due diligence. They could also be trying to drive up prices for other teams in the AL East. He will cost dearly.

2013 - Matt Garza 6-1 11 11 0 0 0 0 71.0 61 26 25 8 20 62 3.17 1.14

MLB LINKS

Davidi: Biogenesis context likely on the way - Sportsnet.ca
The Biogenesis case looms over MLB as all-star week approaches, but, as Shi Davidi explains, the uncertainty surrounding possible suspensions could fade once key leaders address the issue.

Even YES Can't Believe The Yankees Got This Call
It says a lot when even YES Network, the house organ to end all house organs in sports broadcasting, can't justify a call going the Yankees' way.

Reusse: Nine traditions lost from baseball | StarTribune.com
Best read in Grampa Simpson voice.

Umpire Tim Timmons interferes with Brandon Crawford on infield popup, makes lousy call | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: You thought the attempted hidden ball trick was the craziest moment in the San Francisco Giants 10-1 victory over the San Diego Padres on Friday night?

TODAY IN MAN IN WHITE HISTORY

Baseball History - July 14th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2010 The Blue Jays trade starting shortstop Alex Gonzalez along with minor leaguers Tim Collins and Tyler Pastornicky to the Braves in exchange for infielder Yunel Escobar and southpaw Jo-Jo Reyes.

2011 Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada, who entered the game as a pinch hitter in the Yankees' 16-7 loss to Toronto at the Rogers Centre, appear in their 1,660th regular-season game as teammates, the most two players have been together in franchise history. Lou Gehrig and Tony Lazzeri had set the previous team mark in 1937 Note: this is the infamous Man In White Game cause it seems that no one is allowed to score 16 runs on the Yankees without cheating.