FanPost

MVP for the first half of 2013

I'm sure the management will have articles probing the first half of the season over the next few days. Since I'm bored and curious, I thought I would get a head start and poll the readership as to whom they thought was the best of a mediocre lot so far this year.

The two hitters who have stood out to me have been Edwin and Adam. Edwin has continued his excellent power hitting from last year and has arguably wrested the title of "most feared batter in the line-up" from Jose Bautista. Adam, on the other hand, has flourished under the new regime with a slash line rivaling his 2009 season.

Ultimately though, I would give a collective MVP to the bullpen. Time and time again, most recently on Saturday evening, they have picked up the team by pitching multiple innings and doing very little damage to the scoreboard. One could argue that Cecil and Delabar aren't all-stars in the classic sense, being middle relievers or LOOGY-types, but the impact to the Jays' season from the bullpen has been almost entirely positive.