Huey Lewis And Some News July 19, 2013 Links

Thanks Jack Z! - USA TODAY Sports

Here are some links for your reading pleasure. The latest Griff "analysis" and a link to Huey Lewis.

JAYS LINKS

Tao of Stieb: Do the Blue Jays actually suck? - Sportsnet.ca
As the 2013 Toronto Blue Jays head into the second half of the season well back of the post-season, it serves to question whether the organization is any closer to contending than last year.

Jays affiliate no-hit for 3rd time this season - Sportsnet.ca
The single-A Lansing (Mich.) Lugnuts have now been no-hit three times this season.

MLB LINKS

Currently historic: What are the odds?
From HBT: This week, we look at the chances that something historic really does happen this year.

The Worst of the Best: The Wildest Swings of the First ~Half | FanGraphs Baseball
The title says it all

All-Star Break Pitch-Framing Update | FanGraphs Baseball
Again, title says it all. The Jays current catchers aren't doing a bad job at all.

Study: 124 current MLB pitchers have undergone Tommy John surgery | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: YIKES!

Why Pre-Recorded Stadium Music Is Stupid, By Huey Lewis
This post was originally published on The Talkhouse.

Gloves are off in baseball’s war on PEDs: Griffin | Toronto Star
Players union head Michael Weiner says MLB isn’t governed by its collective bargaining agreement when it comes to possible suspensions in the Biogenesis case, meaning Alex Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera et al could be in big trouble.

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History - July 19th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1966 In his final at-bat in the major leagues, Cardinals starter Tracy Stallard grounds out to short in the Redbirds' 10-9 victory over Atlanta. During his seven-year tenure, the right-hander, best known for giving up Roger Maris's 61st home run, sets a major league record by failing to get a base-on-balls in his 247 appearances at the plate.

1998 Carlos Delgado becomes the first player to reach the SkyDome's fifth deck with his Ruthian home run to right field. The massive blast snaps the Blue Jays first baseman's 0-for-29 slump.