Adam Lind is the Blue Jays' Player of the Month for June 2013

USA TODAY Sports

The writers have named Adam Lind the Blue Jays' Honda Player of the Month for June 2013. Edwin Encarncaion finished second in the voting, and Esmil Rogers and Steve Delabar tied for third.

Lind went into June batting .309/.404/.488 and improved to .327/.386/.547, trading a few OBP points for extra power. He batted safely in all but seven games in the month. His .350 batting average and .620 slugging both placed him 10th in the major leagues, while his 165 wRC+ has him in 12th place. In June, Lind enjoyed a healthy .394 BABIP.

Lind had previously been named the Blue Jays Player of the Month five times, in July 2008, June, August, September 2009, and June 2011. So June has been nice to him.

Unfortunately, Lind missed the last game of June and yesterday's game because of back pain; however he hopes to just rest it and avoid a trip to the disabled list.

Who would you have voted for the Player of the Month Award?