Blue Jays 6 Tigers 7: Wave bye to Wang

Bautista singles - Tom Szczerbowski

Tigers 7 Blue Jays 6

Boy that was particularly irritating. You generally figure that if you score 6 runs in the first two innings, you ought to win.

I'd imagine that will be the last time we see Chien-Ming Wang. He will likely be released before I finish the recap. Once again Wang had a good first inning and then didn't make it out of the second inning. In that second inning, he gave up 7 hits and 6 earned. He was terrible.

It looked good when we scored 4 in the first inning. Jose Reyes started things off with a single, Rajai Davis was hit by pitch and Jose Bautista singled to get our first run. Colby Rasmus (batting cleanup) had a 2-run ground rule double. And Josh Thole singled home our 4th run.

After the Tigers scored 6 against Wang, Colby hit a 2-run homer to tie the game. 4 RBI for Rasmus in the first two innings. Unfortunately that was the end of our scoring.

The TIgers got the winning run in the 8th, a ground ball that Neil Wagner deflected that Jose Reyes made a nice play on, throwing to first just too late to get Torii Hunter.

We should have had a shot in the bottom of the 9th. Emilio Bonifacio put down a nice bunt single attempt, Joaquin Benoit, threw to first. Replays showed that Emilio was safe (just safe, but likely as safe as Hunter was) but he was called out.

Our bullpen, again, did a very good job. 2.1 scoreless innings from Juan Perez, with 4 strikeouts. One scoreless from Aaron Loup, 2 strikeouts. 2 scoreless from Brett Cecil, 3 strikeouts, though he was a big lucky that Prince Fielder's line drive was close enough to Rajai for him to make a nice catch. Wagner was unlucky to give up the winning run, and had 1 k. And Darren Oliver struck out 2 in his scoreless inning.

Jays of the Day: Rasmus (.187 WPA), Bautista (.164, 2 for 2, 2 walks), Cecil (.167) and Perez (.136).

Suckage: Wang (-.465), DeRosa (-.137, 0 for 4), Izturis (-.121, 0 for 4), Kawasaki (-.138, 0 for 4, 3 k). Bonifacio also had the number (-.114) but he had a double in our first inning and really was safe in the 9th, so I'm forgiving him this time. Wagner also had the number (-.186) but he was pretty unlucky. I'm not giving him the award either.

55 of us put up 1054 comments in a losing cause. stressed led the way, great job.

# Commenter # Comments
1 stressed 85
2 Pikachu 77
3 jaysfanfromeurope 69