Blue Jays DFA Chien-Ming Wang, Call Up Todd Redmond

bye - Tom Szczerbowski

To the surprise of no one, the Blue Jays DFAed Chien-Ming Wang after his terrible showing tonight. He leaves with a 7.18 ERA and a 1-1 record. Wang's first three starts, for the Jays, were pretty good. He had a 2.61 ERA after the three, but he was knocked out of his last 2 starts in the second inning.

The Jays are hoping Wang accepts assignment to Buffalo.

Todd Redmond is coming back to the Jays. He had a 5.79 ERA in 2 relief appearances earlier this season. In Buffalo, he had a 5.06 ERA in 6 games, 5 starts. He is to get the start Sunday, unless he is needed out of the bullpen before then.

I figured Thad Weber would be the one to come up, since he's been so good in Buffalo of late. Another possibility was Marcus Stroman, who struck out 13 in New Hampshire tonight, but I guess they don't want to have him jumping a level, or at least not just yet.