UPDATED:The Melkman's On His Way (To Toronto)

Melky Cabrera's best "not bad" face. - USA TODAY Sports

After 23 days on the Disabled List for left knee tendinitis, Melky Cabrera was taken out his rehab game in Buffalo tonight after the fifth inning setting the rumour mill churning.

After the game Buffalo Bisons' manager Marty Brown cleared up the confusion by letting everyone know that Melky was on his way up to Toronto to be activated off the Disabled List and rejoin the big league squad before the game tomorrow:

Cabrera hit in the mid .300's during his rehab stint and looks to strengthen a weak Blue Jays lineup that is scuffling after the All-Star Break. So far this year, Cabrera has had an okay season hitting .278/.321/.362 although he's severely lacked power. If you're thinking the sight of him limping around in left field is a thing of the past, well, you're probably wrong:

A corresponding roster move will have to be made before the game tomorrow, likely involving the bullpen.

The post title comes from a book that popped up on Google when I searched for a similar phrase.

Minor Leaguer update (from his phone at a hotel room): In a corresponding roster move, Neil Wagner was optioned back to Buffalo. He did not deserve the demotion but was a victim of roster limits and the fact that he has options remaining. He'll be back.

Here's the tweet: