Carlos Delgado Day Sunday July 21, 2013 Links

It was either this photo or him in a Mets uniform. - Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Happy Carlos Day everyone! That's what I'm going to tell myself to keep from choking on my own bile from witnessing no runs scoring on a bases loaded and nobody out situation. If you feel like it there here are a lot of links

BILE CHOKING GAME RECAP

Blue Jays botch golden opportunity in loss to Rays | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Jays fail to cash in any runs in a bases-loaded, none out chance in the eighth inning.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays must evaluate own talent in 2nd half | Baseball | CBC Sports
Linked a week after the fact: With their post-season hopes continuing to fade, I hope the Blue Jays will use what's left of the season to identify the positions where they are weakest and start planning to improve them for next year

Carlos Delgado says Toronto Blue Jays need sense of urgency | Toronto Star
Carlos Delgado says the 2013 Toronto Blue Jays are a talented group that needs to "go out and have fun" to get back to winning ways.

Statistic shows Carlos Delgado is Toronto Blue Jays' top clutch player all-time | Toronto Star
Is Carlos Delgado the most clutch player in Blue Jays’ history? He is if you look at his Win Probability Added stat.

Blue Jays’ J.A. Happ begins rehab assignment in Dunedin | Toronto Star
Left-hander suffered a sprained knee when he was struck on the side of the head by a sharp line drive in May.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Carlos Delgado's Excellence
Ian looks at Carlos. He was what made the Jays tolerable in the Gord Ash years.

The Blue Jay Hunter: The Uncertain Future of Josh Johnson
I wish things were different, but maybe the Jays should avoid getting any players with the last name Johnson.

MLB LINKS

2013 Trade Value: The Top 10 | FanGraphs Baseball
FG looks at the 10 most valuable trade chips (not that they'd actually be traded.)

It's Time for Some NL Midseason Awards - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
On Tuesday we handed out the American League midseason awards. Time for a look at the NL.

It's Time for Some AL Midseason Awards - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
With apologies to those who revel in seeing Steve Delabar face Marco Scutaro, there is no worse time of year for sports fans than this week's four-day break.

Where do ground balls come from?
From the Hardball Times: A slightly more detailed answer than just down below.

There's Something Wrong Here
From Deadspin (sometimes NSFW)... sspalin erors r funni.

TODAY IN FRANK COSTANZA BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History - July 21st - National Pastime - Baseball History
1988 The Yankees trade Jay Buhner, minor league prospect Rich Balabon, and a player to be named later (Troy Evers) to the Mariners in exchange for 33 year-old Ken Phelps. The one-sided deal will be immortalized on Seinfield by Frank Costanza, George 's dad, when he laments the Bronx Bombers' poor judgement, "How could you have traded Buhner for Ken Phelps?".

2012 At Cooperstown's Doubleday Field, (some undeserving doofus from Fox) and Toronto Sun's Bob Elliott are honored by the Hall of Fame for their longtime contributions in covering baseball. The pair, respectively, receive the Ford C. Frick Award for broadcasting and the J.G. Taylor Spink Award for sports writing.