Monday Bantering: suspension, trade and position changes

Does he look like someone that uses PEDs? - USA TODAY Sports

There is a lot of baseball news today, so I thought I'd put it all in one post.

The MLB has suspended the Brewer's Ryan Braun for the remainder of the season for his involvement with the Biogenisis scandal. This is the only suspension announced at the moment, but I'd imagine there are more to come. I don't know what this suggests for Melky Cabrera, I've been under the impression that Melky would't be suspended, since he was suspended last year for the same crime. I'll admit, I'm not thrilled with the idea of each player being suspended separately.

Braun beat his last suspension on a technicality and told everyone that he had never used PEDs. Now, well, he's admitting he has:

"I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. I wish to apologize to ... all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates."

No apology for the earlier lies?

The Rangers have traded for Matt Garza (I'm happy it wasn't the Jays), giving the Cubs Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards and Justin Grimm. I wish we could get that sort of return for Josh Johnson.

Brett Lawrie is playing second base tonight. Yeah, I hate the idea of him at second but I hate even more them moving him back and forth between the two spots. Pick one and leave him there. Make up your damn minds about where you want him and just leave him.

The Jays have released Claudio Vargas and Eugenio Velez, to make room at Buffalo for Moises Sierra (coming off the DL) and Neil Wagner (coming down from Toronto). A lot of figured that Vargas should have had a turn at the Blue Jay's rotation, when Ricky Romero was called up. I think that was his moment, and it passed and he never got his chance.

Buffalo has Romero starting tonight and J.A. Happ tomorrow.

Use the thread to discuss any of this.