This afternoon's news:
AA says Brandon Morrow will have his forearm re-examined. Had been throwing sides, still not right.— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) July 24, 2013
It is looking like we won't be seeing Morrow this season. It is not sounding good at all.
- Alex is saying that J.A. Happ will make at least one more start in Buffalo. Surprises me a little, I figured he was up to 70 pitches last night (counting pitches throw under the stands, after the rain delay) he could take Redmond's next start and at least go as deep as Redmond would. And if they sent Redmond down, they could call up someone to fill his spot in the pen.
- Sergio Santos will be making at least a couple more rehab appearances too. He's made 9 appearances, between the Gulf Coast League, Dunedin and Buffalo. 8.2 innings, 9 hits, 5 earned, 3 walks, 8 strikeouts. He's allowed 4 earned in 3 innings at Buffalo.
- Kyle Drabek seems to be doing pretty well in Dunedin. Pitched in 7 games, 16 innings, 14 hits, 6 earned, 2 home runs, just 3 walks, and 14 strikeouts, adding up to a 3.38 ERA. His last 4 starts, 10.2 innings, 3 hits, 0 earned, 2 walks and 10 strikeouts.
- Drew Hutchison is also in Dunedin, a little behind Drabek. He's pitched 4.2 innings, allowed 1 hit, 1 earned, 5 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Luis Perez will be starting his rehab assignment in early August, could be back in Toronto in September, all going well.
So we are bouncing Brett back and forth between second and third. I want to yell at Gibby: MAKE UP YOUR MIND. Make a decision and stuck with it.
And there is this:
AA: stretch of games right before and after All-Star break has been most disappointing part of the season. Has changed approach at deadline.— Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bnicholsonsmith) July 24, 2013
I don't see why a handful of games would change Alex's view of the team. It's not like they were great before this latest stretch of crap.