FanPost

7/24 - MiLB Recap

Well, after last night's terrible showing by the big league team, it's time to try and find a silver lining in all of this, so lets see how the minor league teams did last night. The Blue Jays affiliates went 6-2 last night, so without further ado, lets take a look at last night's minor league standouts.

Buffalo Bisons (52-51)

With the Bison's 3-2 win last night over the Columbus Clippers that puts them one game over .500, but they are still 4.5 games back in the International League North and 1.5 games back of the International League Wild Card behind Norfolk Tides and Rochester Red Wings.

  • Thad Weber - 7IP/4H/1R/1ER/0BB/4K, Weber picked up his fourth win on the year, his record is now 4-4.
  • Sergio Santos - 1IP/2H/1ER/0BB/1K, he's got a 6.75 ERA now in his rehab stint in Buffalo now.
  • Neil Wagner - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/3K, Wagner seems to have taken his demotion well, take note Gose..
  • Kevin Pillar - 2-4/SB
  • Moises Sierra - 2-4/SB
  • Sean Ochinko - 1-4/2B
  • Ryan Goins - 1-2

New Hampshire Fisher Cats (52-50)

The Fisher Cats took a 3-2 loss today at the hands of the Harrisburg Senators who are leading in the Eastern League Western Division, while the the Fisher Cats are second place in the Eastern League Easter Division who are twelve games back of the first place Binghamton Mets.

Dunedin Blue Jays (48-48)

The Dunedin Blue Jays take the win here over the Charlotte Stone Crabs by a score of 8-5 thanks to some timely offense in the later innings. The D-Jays currently sit fourth in their division and four games back of first after being the first half winners of the Florida State League North.

  • K.C. Hobson - 3-3/HR/6RBI/BB
  • Marcus Knecht - 2-5/2B/3B, batting a disappointing .236/.295/.372 in his second turn in the FSL
  • Gustavo Pierre - 1-4
  • Derrick Chung - 2-4

Lansing Lugnuts (42-58)

The Lansing Lugnuts win big in this one by a score of 7-1 as they squared off against the Daytona Dragons. The Dragons currently sit third last in the Midwest League Eastern Division and are 17 games back of the first place South Bend Silver Hawks. The Lugnuts currently sit second last in the Eastern Division and are 19.5 games back of first.

  • Ben White - 7IP/5H/1ER/1BB/2K/1HR
  • Griffin Murphy - 2IP/1H/0ER/0BB/2K
  • Dalton Pompey - 2-4/HR/4RBI
  • Emilio Guerrero - 1-3/2B/BB
  • Christian Lopes - 1-4/2B, currently hitting .256/.308/.349 in Lansing after hitting .278/.339/.462 all of last year.
  • Kevin Patterson - 2-3/2B/3B/BB
  • Santiago Nessy - 1-4
  • Chris Hawkins - 1-3/BB/SB

Vancouver Canadians (24-16)

The Vancouver Canadians take the win tonight in a close one over the Spokane Indians by a score of 2-0. The Canadians are currently tied for first in the Northwest League North along with the Everett AquaSox, while Spokane is in second place in the division and sit four games back of the lead.

  • Colton Turner - 6IP/4H/0ER/1BB/2K
  • Dickie Thon - 2-3/BB, Thon is currently hitting a respectable .272/.361/.360 this year.
  • L.B. Dantzler - 1-4/2B
  • Michael Reeves - 2-4

DSL Blue Jays (22-18)

The DSL Jays take a bit loss at the hands of the DSL Tigers in this one, the DSL Tigers have been very impressive and it's noted by their record of 30-13, good for a winning percentage of .697, and lead their division by 6.5 games as the Jays currently sit behind them.

  • Deiferson Barreto - 1-4/2B
  • Richard Urena - 1-3
  • Michael De La Cruz - 2-3/3B
  • Leudy Garcia - 2-3/BB

Bluefield Blue Jays (21-11)

Bluefield won big last night over the Danville Braves by a score of 11-3, though they didn't strike till late in the game as they put up nine runs in the final three innings of play. Bluefield currently leads the Appalachian League Eastern Division by a two and a half game lead.

  • Mark Biggs - 4IP/3H/1ER/2BB/2K
  • Brady Dragmire - 3IP/1H/1ER/2BB/1K
  • Tim Locastro - 2-4
  • Alexis Maldonado - 2-5
  • Jonathan Davis - 2-3/2B/2 BB
  • Mitch Nay -3-4/BB/2RBI, currently hitting .306/.380/.398 in this year to start his pro career.

GCL Blue Jays (13-14)

The Gulf Coast League Blue Jays win a close one in extra innings over GCL Phillies by a score of 10-9. The GCL Jays currently sit two games back of first in the GCL Northwest Division whilst the GCL Phillies are in the basement of the division and are six games back.

  • Sean Ratcliffe - 1.1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/3K
  • Kenny Wilson - 2-4/BB/CS, currently on rehab and should return to New Hampshire soon.
  • Franklin Barreto - 1-5/3B, currently hitting .275/.351/.431 through just over 100 ABs in the GCL now.
  • Thomas Collins III - 3-6/2 2B/SB, putting up some absurd numbers so far, .382/.461/.551 in 89 ABs.
  • Rowdy Tellez - 0-4/BB
  • Gabriel Cenas - 2-3/2 BB

*BOLD INDICATES TOP PROSPECT*