A Lousy Week to Forget Friday July 26, 2013 Links

Because The Jays are Done like a Red LOBSTER Dinner

Looks like working night shift has its benefits like missing the horrific series against the Rays and the Dodgers which killed any faint hopes of a Jays playoffs (cough cough cough) run. On the positive side, they beat the Astros which is like beating babies in a foot race. At least there are some fond memories of that 11 game winning streak, sigh.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays’ Mark Buehrle shuts out Houston Astros | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Toronto ends seven-game skid, left-hander fans season-high nine at Rogers Centre before catching Tim McGraw.

Buehrle dominant as Jays cruise past Astros - Sportsnet.ca
Sportsnet's Recap: Mark Buehrle pitched a two-hit shutout and the Toronto Blue Jays' offence came up big in timely situations to beat the Astros 4-0 Thursday night at Rogers Centre to snap a seven-game skid.

Ultimate Astros » Jays’ Buehrle exploits Astros’ feeble lineup
'stros Sadder Recap: Jays’ Buehrle exploits Astros’ feeble lineup

JAYS LINKS

The Blue Jay Hunter: Maybe the Blue Jays Are Overrated
Ian looks at the Jays before the LA crapshow series. It ain't pretty.

The Blue Jay Hunter: This is Rock Bottom for the Blue Jays
Ian pretty much sums up this year's crap show of a season.

MLB LINKS

Alex Rodriguez faces Yankee penalty | Toronto Star
New York Yankees to punish injured A-Rod for seeking second opinion without permission.

The all-decade team: the ‘60s
A memorable 10 years, with players to match

Stealing bases when it counts
Looking at the most selfish and most self-less speedsters of the last few decades.

Card Corner: 1973 Topps: Johnny Bench
There was no need for this legend to grab some bench.

Former MLB Scrub Admits Steroid Use
A former Major League Baseball player went on TV today and admitted to using steroids. The reason our baseball media haven't collapsed onto the national fainting couch is either that Buster Olney is still down there, rolling around and making whimpering noises about Ryan Braun, or that the player in question is Robert Fick.

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History July 26th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1933 Future Yankees superstar Joe DiMaggio sees his 61-game hitting streak come to an end in the PCL game against the Oakland Oaks. The San Francisco Seals' 19-year old outfielder's accomplishment sets a new minor league record, shattering the mark of 49 established by Jack Ness in 1914.

1998 Hitting his 380th career homer, (Then Toronto Blue Jay and future steroid finger pointer) Jose Canseco becomes the all-time Latin home run leader passing Orlando Cepeda and Tony Perez.