FanPost

7/25 - MiLB Recap

Well, I'm not doing too much as of right now so I figure I might as well review the happenings for all of the Blue Jays affiliate teams last night, July 25th, 2013.

Buffalo Bisons (53-51)

The Bisons won a close one last night against the Columbus Clippers by a score of 7-6. The Bisons-Clippers series is now finished as the Bisons took 3/4 in the series, inching them closer to the IL Wild Card. The Bisons will now start up a four game set in Toledo against the Toledo Mud Hens.

  • Kevin Pillar - 2-4/2B/3B/2RBI/2 SO, seriously..this guy is a hitting machine, owns a line of .322/.368/.485 in the minors in all of 2013.
  • Ryan Goins - 2-4/BB/2 SO, owns a serviceable line of .266/.318/.382 in Buffalo this year..
  • Moises Sierra - 1-5/2B/2RBI/4 SO, not exactly a world beater this year either with a line of .270/.319/.416 this year.
  • Mike McCoy - 1-4/SO
  • Anthony Gose - 1-4/SO, very disappointing line of .227/.309/.298 this year..
  • Mike Nickeas - 2-4/3RBI
  • Mickey Storey - 1.2IP/1H/0ER/1BB/1K, Storey has put up great numbers this year and is a possible fill in if Anthopoulos does decide to trade a reliever, love his K/9 of 11.6 through 61 IP.
  • Bobby Korecky - 2IP/0H/0ER/0BB/2K, not really much to see with Korecky, he's an org guy, had a good appearance last night though.
  • Brad Lincoln - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/1K, Brad picked up the win tonight for the Bisons.

New Hampshire Fisher Cats (52-51)

After losing the finale in their series with the Harrisburg Senators on the 24th, the F-Cats drop another one by a score of 5-0. This one comes in the opener of their four game series at home as they square off against the Altoona Curve. The Fisher Cats have now lost three straight games after winning the opener in the series against Harrisburg. You'll notice that there are no highlights of any Fisher Cats hitters, well...that is because they got no hit, their only base runners were Brian Van Kirk, who drew a walk, and Adam Loewen who was hit by a pitch.

Dunedin Blue Jays (49-48)

The D-Jays won the opener of a four game set at home last night by a score of 7-1, as they trounced the Jupiter Hammerheads. This is the third straight win for the D-Jays.

  • Jon Berti - 1-4/RBI/SB, not having an overly spectacular year as he's hitting .249/.325/.310, but the 44 stolen bases are impressive.
  • Shane Opitz - 3-4/2B/RBI/SB, Opitz is having a strong year in the minors as he has hit .329/.376/.411 combined in two levels.
  • Mike Crouse - 1-4/2 SO/SB, batting .254/.344/.386 this year with Dunedin. You'd typically like to see a better average and much better slugging percentage from a guy like Crouse, but he is putting up a pretty good on base clip, and he's swiping some bags, though not at a terrific rate of 66%.
  • K.C. Hobson - 2-4/2 2B/4RBI
  • Marcus Knecht - 1-4/2 SO
  • Gustavo Pierre - 1-3
  • Drew Hutchison - 4IP/1H/0ER/0BB/8K

Lansing Lugnuts (42-59)

The Lansing Lugnuts took a loss last night as they fell to the Daytona Dragons by a score of 8-0 after they won the opener of the series, the rubber match in the three game set will be tonight at 7:05PM. The Lugnuts have now gone 5-5 in their last five games of play.

  • Daniel Norris - 3.1IP/5H/6ER/3BB/6K/1HR
  • Chad Girodo - 2IP/1H/0ER/0BB/2K
  • Matt Boyd - 1IP/2H/0ER/0BB/2K
  • Dwight Smith Jr. - 2-4, Dwight continues his solid season as he's hitting .273/.361/.378 through 75 games of play with the Lugnuts.
  • Emilio Guerrero - 2-3/CS

Vancouver Canadians (24-17)

The Canadians fell last night against the Spokane Indians as they were going for the sweep in the three game set after winning the first two games by scores of 2-0 in each. The Canadians will are now in Eugene and are ready to start up a five game series against the Emeralds, the series will start tonight and end on the 30th.

  • Eric Brown - 6IP/5H/1ER/2BB/4K
  • Garrett Pickens - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/1K, Pickens now owns a 3.29 ERA in the minors through 10 games after being selected and signed in the draft this year by the Blue Jays.
  • Justin Atkinson - 1-3/SB/BB
  • Michael Reeves - 2-4/RBI
  • David Harris - 1-3/SB

DSL Blue Jays (23-18)

The DSL Jays picked up the win last night against the DSL Tigers by a score of 9-6, the Tigers currently lead their division so this what an important game for the DSL Jays as they make up some ground.

  • Pedro Diaz - 2.1IP/1H/0ER/2BB/1K
  • Rodrigo Orozco - 1-4/2RBI/BB
  • Deiferson Barreto - 1-3/2BB/2SB
  • Richard Urena - 0-3/2BB/SB
  • Leudy Garcia - 1-4/2B/BB
  • Javier Hernandez - 4-5
  • Ronniel Demorizi - 1-4/2RBI/SB

Bluefield Blue Jays (21-12)

The Bluefield Blue Jays fell to the Danville Braves in the final game of their three game set by a score of 2-1 as they were going for the series sweep. Bluefield's next series will be in Bluefield as they take on the Princeton Rays.

  • D.J. Davis - 1-4/CS
  • Dawel Lugo - 1-3/2B/RBI
  • Chase DeJong - 4IP/2H/1ER/0BB/4K
  • Mitch Nay - 0-4/2K
  • Matt Dean - 0-2

GCL Blue Jays (13-14) POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN