EE's HRHR Saturday July 27, 2013 Links

I'd look this shell shocked too if I had an inning like he had. - John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Spo

In season of frustration, Edwin Encarnacion makes some history with bookend home runs in the 7th inning thanks to Houston's incredibly awful bullpen. I can't take much solace that the Jays are better than Houston because no one expected Houston to be any good unlike some team I know of.

GAME RECAPS

Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays outslug Houston Astros | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Edwin Encarnacion becomes the first Blue Jays player since Joe Carter to hit two home runs in the same inning as the Jays belt five bombs to overwhelm the Houston Astros 12-6.

Encarnacion, Reyes shine as Jays crush Astros - Sportsnet.ca
CP/Sportsnet's Recap: Edwin Encarnacion hit two of the Toronto Blue Jays' five home runs, including a grand slam, in a 12-6 rout of the Houston Astros on Friday night at Rogers Centre.

Ultimate Astros » Astros’ putrid pen authors ugly loss
'Stros Recap: Astros’ putrid pen authors ugly loss

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays should at least entertain trade offers | Baseball | CBC Sports
Some guy writes... With the MLB non-waiver trade deadline set for July 31, and the Toronto Blue Jays no where near a playoff spot, GM Alex Anthopoulus might as well listen to trade offers.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: The Legendary Tom Cheek
Ian looks at the history of the late Tom Cheek and now well deserved Hall of Famer.

MLB LINKS

Shin-Soo Choo Twice Falls For Dodgers’ Fakery On One Play
It's not every day that a single to center with a man on first results in that baserunner being thrown out at second.

Attempting to Explain the Unexplainable | FanGraphs Baseball
Worst ball calls of the season from FGs.

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History - July 27th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2000 Jim Fregosi wins his 1,000th game as a big league skipper when the Blue Jays beat the Mariners, 7-2. The former major league infielder has also managed the Angels, White Sox, and Phillies.

2011 Colby Rasmus Day. AA pulls the trigger on what is actually two separate trades. The first one, he obtains Edwin Jackson from the Chicago White Sox for two players and then trades Edwin to St Louis along with a couple of relievers for Colby Rasmus. Everyone wins.