Blue Jays 6 Astros 8: stop me if you've heard this one, Josh Johnson was terrible

There wasn't quite enough of this - Tom Szczerbowski

I'm not sure what the answer is for Johnson.

Astros 8 Blue Jays 6

Yet another bad stop from Josh Johnson. It's getting harder and to watch him. I don't know, I think it's time for an intervention. Or something. Josh went 5.2 innings, allowed 7 hits, 7 earned (though 1 of those should have been unearned, that first single that Mark DeRosa messed up should have been an error) (I know, it doesn't make it better), 2 walks, 8 strikeouts, 3 home runs allowed.

The Jays tried to come back. DeRosa, Colby Rasmus and Jose Bautista homered. Edwin Encarnacion went 4 for 4. The only Jays starters not to hit were Adam Lind (who had a tough time against the lefty starter Dallas Keuchel), J.P. Arencibia and Brett Lawrie. J.P. did take a walk.

Jay of the Day, Edwin (.209 WPA). He is so good right now, he's hitting everything hard.

Suckage goes to Johnson (-.381), Lind (-.212) and Lawrie (-.099).

Josh, if you can't beat the Astros, I don't think there is any hope for you.

26 of us posted 403 comments in the GameThread. Infield Triple led the way in a losing cause. A gritty performance.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Infield Triple 74
2 Tom Dakers 73
3 Belisarius 33