Blue Jays 4 A's 9: Sad Baseball

One of our few good moments. - Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 4 A's 9

We flew a long way, on a flight that was delayed 2 hours, getting us here right at rush hour, turning a rather short drive into a long drive. We got to the hotel just in time to leave for the game and we were treated to pathetic baseball.

The game was pretty much over by the end of the first inning. Esmil Rogers walked the first batter, then got what I thought was going to be a double play ball hit right to Edwin Encarnacion. But Edwin missed it. Next Jed Lowrie grounds on to where Edwin would been playing if he hadn't had to hold the runner on. I thought he still should have made the play. One run in. Yoenis Cespedes grounds one down the left field line, triple, two more runs score. A fly ball to medium center, Colby makes about as bad a throw as you could make if your name isn't Carly Rae Jepsen, Four-zip at the end of one inning. That was about the high point of the game.

In the second inning Rogers walks the lead off hitter again. Then gets a ground ball hit back to him, turns, makes a nice throw to second to start a double play but Jose Reyes drops it.

In all, Esmil went 4.1 innings, allowing 9 hits, 8 runs, 6 earned, 3 walks, 3 k. He was pretty bad, but he could have used some help from his defense.

On offense, we didn't get our first base runner until one out in the 5th, when Adam Lind hit an opposite field homer. In the 6th, Brett Lawrie led off with a home run and Edwin hit a 2-run shot. And that was about it for offense. We had 2 other hits.

It was just a sad game, and I'd like to forget about it. I'm really tired of bad baseball. Sloppy mistakes. Lousy pitching. And not all that much for hitting.

No Jays of the Day. Suckage goes to Rogers at -.378. But really the whole team deserves the Suckage award.

O.co Stadium is pretty ugly. And it is cold here, people were wearing toques and winter coats at the game. Attendance was pretty sad too, just over 13,000 to watch a good, fun A's team. About the only time they were interested in the game was when Melky Cabrera came to the plate, and then they booed.

There are quite a few Jays fans here. Too bad the team can't put up a decent effort for us.