Tuesday Trade Deadline Open Thread

Travis Snider was traded at the deadline in 2012. - Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Tradewatch1_medium

Please feel free to use this open thread to discuss trade deadline rumours and news, whether Blue Jays related or not. Here are the four trades the Blue Jays have made on July 30:

Afternoon Update

Ken Rosenthal tweeted that the Blue Jays are actively shopping Emilio Bonifacio. That's interesting because generally teams would want to showcase players they want to move by playing them. Bonifacio has had two plate appearances since the All-Star Break. He is batting 1.000/1.000/1.500 during that span, but I'm wondering if that is sustainable in the long run. Bob Nightengale chimes in saying that Melky Cabrera may also be moved, but as Rosenthal pointed out, it will be a hard sell with the Biogenesis issue still being murky. Unless, of course, the teams know something we don't.

    Latest News

    In This Article

    Teams
    Players