Blue Jays 5 A's 0: Jose Bautista and Emilio Bonifacio homer

Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 5 A's 0

That was a lot more fun.

I'm having internet connection troubles at my hotel so this will be short.

Jose Bautista homered in the top of the first and we decided to enjoy the lead, because it might be short lived. But then, Mark Buehrle pitched great. 7 innings, just 5 hits, no walks with 2 strikeouts. He is so much run when he is on. Get the ball, throw the pitch. He didn't give up an extra base hit and only once did a runner get to scoring position.

Steve Delabar came in to pitch the 8th and struck out the side on 9 pitches. Man that was fun. He's the first Blue Jay ever to do that and just the 48th pitcher in MLB history.

Darren Oliver pitched the 9th and, of course, had to give us some drama. Jed Lowrie doubled and Yoenes Cespedes beat out an infield single. Or at least the first base umpire said he did, I thought he was out, and I had a much better view from my seat on the third base side than the umpire did. That got Casey Janssen warming up in the pen. But, Brett Lawrie started a great 6-4-3 double play and Oliver got another ground ball to short to end the game.

On offense, we got our second run in the 4th off consecutive singles from Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind and Colby Rasmus.

Emilio Bonifacio started the 5th inning with a home run, and the Jays took advantage of a Adam Rosales error to help themselves to two more runs. Nice to see the other team have troubles for a change.

Jays of the Day are Buehrle (.263 WPA) and Rasmus (.125). I'm going to give an honorable mention to Bautista and Bonifacio.

If you ever go to a game in Oakland, bring a warm coat, it is cold here in the evenings.