Blue Jays Trade No One To Nowhere, Get Nothing

Tom Szczerbowski

In the interest of not burying the lede, the Blue Jays made no trades today at the deadline. There was a point where something gained traction that was never mentioned in the media, but it fell apart and never came back together.

Not all hope is lost though as there is still the possibility of waiver trades after the deadline and deals to be picked up and finished in the off-season:

As you can imagine, Alex Anthopoulos is intent on making trades to better this team before taking another run at the postseason next year:

The two areas that the team wanted to strengthen through trade, as expected, were the second base position and the starting rotation:

The issue of why no relievers were traded was brought up and Anthopoulos side stepped the question a bit and said the market was pretty quiet:

So there's another trade deadline in the books, a extremely quiet one on the Blue Jays front. Around the league, Baltimore acquired Bud Norris from Houston and the Padres traded for Ian Kennedy from Arizona. Aside from the Peavy three team-trade last night, not many game-changing players were moved leading to most contenders heading for the stretch run with the same pieces they had when they started the year.

How do you feel about the trade deadline for the Blue Jays?

Hat tip to Minor Leaguer for the title idea.

Latest News

In This Article

Teams
Players