Thursday BBB Links: Speechless Depression Edition

J.P. let's the ump do the heavy lifting. - USA TODAY Sports

Sometimes there's just nothing to say... Today's link's include how Reyes looks on the basepaths, the possible return of Manny Ramirez and software that can detect sarcasm.

That game was putrid in all facets. On to the links and on with our lives.

JAYS LINKS

Tempers flare as Scherzer, Tigers down Blue Jays - Sportsnet.ca
"Josh Johnson buried the Toronto Blue Jays for the second straight start and Max Scherzer cruised from there, improving to 13-0, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 6-2 win Wednesday night."

Jays notebook: Reyes tentative on basepaths - Sportsnet.ca
"Since returning from the disabled list, Jose Reyes has shown no signs of the sprained left ankle that cost him 66 games, with the exception of when he is running on the basepaths."

Jays Sign Second Rounder Hollon Under Slot | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
Looks like the Jays are freeing up some money and getting a half decent talent at the same time. Not bad.

Jays' Wang would accept role in triple-A Buffalo - Sportsnet.ca
"Chien-Ming Wang has been removed from the Blue Jays’ roster, but he is willing to remain in the organization. The right-hander would accept a triple-A assignment."

Sunday’s Starter: The Candidates | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
None of these look promising... not that Stroman might not be good but it would be nice to have him try out AAA first.

AL EAST LINKS

Another Red Sox curse?
Any curse Boston gets sounds good to me.

If Yanks fade, Kuroda, not Hughes, is the prize - SBNation.com

"With the Yankees emerging from a rough June, trade speculation has centered on free-agent-to-be Phil Hughes, but Hiroki Kuroda, the staff's de facto ace, is the real attraction."

Jay-Z raps about Robinson Cano and Scott Boras in upcoming song - Pinstriped Bible

"It's no 99 Problems, but then what is?"

Red Sox trade rumors: Sox unsure on Cliff Lee, Matt Garza - Over the Monster

"With the deadline four weeks away, the Red Sox are still not sure who they'll be targeting to bolster the roster."

Getting to know the newest O: Scott Feldman - Camden Chat

"Digging in to the past of the Orioles' newest starting pitcher"

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Yasiel Puig injury: Dodgers OF leaves game after collision with wall - SBNation.com
"For the second time in less than a year, a Dodgers outfielder has injured himself running into the wall at Coors Field in Denver. He is day-to-day with a bruised left hip and tightness in his left thigh."

Five MLB truths at the season's midpoint mark
"Jay Clemons breaks down five self-evident truths (as he sees it) at baseball's midpoint mark."

Trade deadline watch: Top targets on longer-term deals | The Strike Zone - SI.com
Don't hang your hat on the Jays being players on any of these guys.

Rangers sign Manny Ramirez to minor-league contract - CBSSports.com
"Manny being Manny is back: The Rangers have signed Manny Ramirez to a minor-league contract." I did not see this coming

Your Team’s New Trade Asset | FanGraphs Baseball
A very interesting read by Sullivan.Looks like the Cubs are the first ones to really get into this trading market.

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

BBC News - Authorities 'use analytics tool that recognises sarcasm'
"The Home Office and EU Commission are among authorities using an automated analytics tool that claims to recognise sarcasm."