June she'll change her tune: Blue Jay batters in June

Our best batter in June. - USA TODAY Sports

The Jays went 17-9 in June but it wasn't a great month for many of our batters.

After a poor April, the Jays batters started doing better in May and June they pretty much carried on the same way. In April we scored 3.85 runs per game, in May 5.0 runs per game and June saw us score 4.96.

J.P. Arencibia: .188/.241/.325, with 3 home runs, 7 RBI, 5 walks, 25 strikeouts and 1 caught stealing. He played in 21 games, starting 20, of 26. JP would like us to focus on the positive so we'll continue just go on to the next player.

Edwin Encarnacion: .277/.365/.584, with 8 home runs, 20 RBI, 13 walks, 8 strikeouts, 1 stolen base. Edwin's been nicely consistent, putting up monthly slugging averages of .525, .504 and .584. Where would we be without him? Well, last.

Emilio Bonifacio: .172/.209/.219, with 2 RBI, 3 walks, 13 strikeouts, 6 steals, 1 caught. Played in 24 of 26 games. Half a season in and he isn't getting better. Who would have thought that we'd look back at the .250/.266/.368 line he put up in May as his high mark.

Munenori Kawasaki: .244/.358/.422 with 1 home runs, 2 triples, 3 RBI, 6 walks, 4 strikeouts. Played in 20 of 26 games. He stole 6 bases in May and none in June. He's just 1 for 11 since coming back, but small sample size and all.

Maicer Izturis: .261/.296/.380, with 2 home runs, 12 RBI, 5 walks, 13 strikeouts.He played in 25 of the 26 games. I guess it is worth noting that this was his best month so far, and it wasn't good.

Melky Cabrera: .273/.309/.330 with 1 home run, 9 RBI, 5 walks, 8 strikeouts. He played in 23 of 26 games. He only had 3 extra base hits all month. That's as empty a .273 as you can get.

Colby Rasmus: .224/.313/.459, with 5 home runs, 13 RBI, 11 walks and 29 strikeouts. He played in 24 of 26 games. Unfortunately, I think this is Colby.

Jose Bautista: .213/.280/.435, with 7 home runs, 21 RBI, 10 walks, 20 strikeouts and 3 stolen bases. He played in all 26 games. It amazes me that in a pretty crappy month, Jose was able to drive in 20 runs. He has a 1.067 OPS with RISP this year.

Adam Lind: .350/.362/.620 with 7 home runs, 22 RBI, 3 walks and 24 strikeouts. Played in all 26 games. Our player of the month, it is surprising that he could have such a good month with 3 walks and 24 strikeouts. His walks by month 12, 9 and 3. I guess he'll have a negative number of walks in July. I won't mention that he is 0 for 8 this month.

Rajai Davis: .378/.408/.400 with 4 RBI, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts, 11 steals and 1 caught. He played in 22 games, starting 10. It is going to be hard to take him out of the lineup to put Melky back in, if he keeps this up.

Mark DeRosa: .216/.310/.324 with 1 home runs, 3 RBI, 5 walks and 12 strikeouts. Played in 16 games, starting 9.

Josh Thole: .091/.167/.091 with 1 RBI, 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. He played in 8 games, starting 5. JP is lucky he's gotten off to such a slow start.

Jose Reyes: .220/.261/.350 with 1 home run, 3 RBI, 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. He played in 5 games. He didn't exactly hit the ground running, coming back from the injury, but he's picking it up now.