Overtime Abbreviated Sunday July 7, 2013 Links

Tom Szczerbowski

Sorry haven't been around as I've been working weekends. Here is a small Links post for your Sunday Reading.

GAME RECAP

Blue Jays blanked by Twins | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: R.A. Dickey dinged for six runs. Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion on deck for MLB all-star vote.

JAYS LINKS

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Rickey Henderson & Bob McCown's Commercial
Ian Looks at a commercial almost lost in time.

Dustin McGowan story a testament to the human spirit: Griffin | Toronto Star
After five years rehabbing from triple shoulder surgery and one knee operation, Blue Jays’ Dustin McGowan is back — and throwing hard.

MLB LINKS

The Rise and Fall of the Milwaukee Brewers - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
If you had to boil down the entire 2013 Milwaukee Brewers season to one game, Monday's loss to the Nationals would've been it.

Could Alex Rodriguez Be Any More Hated?
The Yankees' Alex Rodriguez is currently in the final steps of rehabbing from hip surgery in order to return to the team. He's probably dying to get back to the MLB and do his best to help forget his miserable past months.

Hitting home runs when it counts
Looking at the timeliness of the long ball through the lens of Win Probability and Leverage Index.

TODAY IN UMPIRE PLAYER RELATIONS HISTORY

Baseball History - July 7th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2012 In the bottom of the first inning at Minute Maid Park, first base umpire Sam Holbrook tosses Zack Greinke from the game. The arbitrator takes exception to the Brewers starter, who had thrown only four pitches, spiking the ball after he called Jose Altuve safe on a close play in which the Milwaukee hurler covered the bag in the 6-4 loss to Houston.