Blue Jays 0 Indians 3: good start by Josh Johnson wasted

Jason Miller

Yet another depressing game in the middle of a depressing season.

Blue Jays 0 Indians 3

That was frustrating.

Josh Johnson was very good. He had a little trouble in the 4th, giving up 3 straight singles, that added up to 2 runs. None of the 3 singles were hit all that hard but, that's life, one of them I thought Jose Bautista should have made a the catch on. Those were the only hits he gave up all game, add in 2 walks and 6 strikeouts and you had a very good.

Steve Delabar gave up a run in the 9th, the first for him since June 10, so he can be forgiven. Go vote for Delabar.

On offense, we had 8 hits and 3 walks. But with RISP we went 1 for 12 and the 1 hit didn't score the runner from score. We had someone on base in every inning but one. The 4th inning was particularly terrible, Colby Rasmus leadoff with a double. Maicer Izturis followed with a single. But Rajai Davis hit into a force at second (chasing off the plate). J.P. Arencibia struck out. And Emilio Bonifacio flied out to the track in right field.

A plus? We only had 1 runner put out on the bases. JP led off the 7th with a single, but was doubled off on a Jose Reyes' line out to the second baseman. He should have waited for the ball to go through the infield but that seems to be considered passé by the Blue Jays this season.

Maicer had 3 of our 8 hits. 0 fors went to Jose Bautista, Adam Lind and Emilio. Emilio did have a really nice play at second but that doesn't make up for a bad day at the plate.

Jays of the Day are Izturis (.123 WPA) and I'm giving one to Johnson despite only having a .033 WPA.

Suckage: Lind (-.179, leaving 4 on base), Bonifacio (-.169, leaving 5 on) and Bautista (-.122, leaving just 1 runner on base).

Even with the crappy game, 42 of us managed 627 comments. I was the most talkative one. Mostly due to irritationwith the game I'm sure.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Tom Dakers 83
2 Belisarius 63
3 Alan F. 48