FanPost

7/31 - MiLB Recap

Buffalo Bisons (56-54)

Took a 3-2 loss last night against the Columbus Clippers as Chien-Ming Wang had a rough first inning allowing three runs, and the Bison's offense just didn't have enough in the tank to make a comeback, although they did make it close.

New Hampshire Fisher Cats (53-55)

The Fisher Cats won 6-2 last night over the Bowie Baysox as they were backed by solid pitching by starter and Blue Jays top prospect Marcus Stroman, who continues to mow down Double-A hitters at an absurd pace.

  • Kenny Wilson - 2-5/SB
  • Andy Burns - 3-5/2B/HR/2RBI/SB
  • Marcus Stroman - 6.2IP/4H/2ER/2BB/13K/1HR
  • Alan Farina - 1.1/2H/0ER/0BB/2K
  • Scott Gracey - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/1K

Dunedin Blue Jays (52-51)

The D-Jays took a 5-2 loss last night as they squared off against the Bradenton Marauders. Dunedin scored two early, but Bradenton made a thunderous comeback as they tied it up in the sixth inning, then piled on three more in the 7th.

  • Jon Berti - 1-4/3B
  • Shane Opitz - 1-4
  • Mike Crouse - 1-3/BB/2SB/CS
  • Marcus Knecht - 1-4
  • Gustavo Pierre - 1-4
  • Jesse Hernandez - 6.1IP/5H/4ER/1BB/5K
  • Kramer Champlin - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/1K

Vancouver Canadians (26-21)

The Canadians took a big 7-1 loss in this one at the hands of the Hillsboro Hops. The Canadians scored early in the first inning, but that's all they could manage on offense, and the pitching didn't exactly back them up either.

  • Ian Parmley - 1-5
  • Dickie Thon - 2-3/2BB
  • Brenden Kalfus - 1-3/BB
  • Alonzo Gonzalez - 3IP/0H/1ER/3BB/2K
  • Scott Silverstein - 2IP/1H/0ER/0BB/3K

Bluefield Blue Jays (26-13)

The Bluefield Blue Jays continue to pile up the wins as they take another one last night, this time they won 7-2 over the Danville Braves. This one was fairly quiet through the first four innings, but then the offense picked up, and Bluefield's bats really came alive as they scored one run in the 5th, 6th and 7th innings, then blew the door open as they scored four in the 8th inning.

  • D.J. Davis - 1-4
  • Tim Locastro - 1-4
  • Mitch Nay - 1-3/2B/2RBI
  • Dawel Lugo - 1-4/3B
  • Matt Dean - 3-4/2 2B
  • Jonathan Davis - 2-3/2 2B/2RBI
  • Zak Wasilewski - 4IP/1H/0ER/5BB/5K
  • Yeyfry Del Rosario - 1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/2K

GCL Blue Jays (15-18)

The GCL Blue Jays take a loss in this one as they lose 4-2 to the GCL Braves. The Blue Jays had the lead going into the eighth inning, but the pitching blew it as the Braves put up three runs in the eighth, giving them the lead, and they never looked back.

  • Franklin Barreto - 1-4
  • Andres Sotillo - 2-4
  • John Tolisano - 1-4/HR/2RBI
  • Rowdy Tellez - 0-4
  • Clinton Hollon - 3IP/1H/0ER/1BB/2K
  • Matt Smoral - 1.2IP/0H/0ER/4BB/3K
  • Sean Ratcliffe - 1IP/3H/3ER/2BB/0K
  • Kamakani Usui - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/1K

*BOLD INDICATES GUYS THAT YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OF AND/OR ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT*