Blue Jays made no "deadline" trades in July 2013

Steve Delabar was the last player the Blue Jays have traded for in July - Tom Szczerbowski

This year, Blue Jays did not make any trades in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline of July 31. Since the establishment of July 31 as the trade deadline in the 1986 Major League Baseball Basic Agreement, the Blue Jays have made at least a single trade in all except for seven seasons: 1988, 1994, 1996, 2001, 2007, 2008, and 2013. Actually, in 1988, the Blue Jays did not make a single trade.

July Trades in Blue Jays History
DATE CLUB OBTAINED FOR
GILLICK ERA
07-5-86 Atlanta Duane Ward, rhp Doyle Alexander, rhp
07-6-86 Atlanta Joe Johnson, rhp Jim Acker, rhp
07-14-87 Kansas City Juan Beniquez, of-dh Luis Aquino, rhp
07-31-89 New York (NL) Mookie Wilson, of Jeff Musselman, lhp Mike Brady, rhp
07-27-90 Minnesota John Candelaria, lhp Nelson Liriano, if Pedro Munoz, of
07-14-91 Chicago (AL) Cory Snyder, of Shawn Jeter, of Steve Wapnick, rhp
07-30-92 California Mark Eichhorn, rhp Rob Ducey, of Greg Myers, C
07-31-93 Oakland Rickey Henderson, of Steve Karsay, rhp Jose Herrera, of
ASH ERA
07-28-95 New York (AL) Marty Janzen, rhp Jason Jarvis, rhp Mike Gordon, rhp David Cone, rhp
07-31-97 Seattle Jose Cruz Jr., of Mike Timlin, rhp Paul Spoljaric, lhp
07-30-98 Boston Peter Munro, rhp Jay Yanneco, rhp Mike Stanley, dh
07-31-98 Baltimore Nerio Rodriguez, rhp Shannon Carter, of Juan Guzman, rhp
07-31-98 New York (NL) Leoncio Estrella, rhp Tony Phillips, of
07-28-99 Seattle David Segui, if Tom Davey, rhp Steve Sinclair, lhp
07-19-00 Texas Esteban Loaiza, rhp Mike Young, if Darwin Cubillan, rhp
07-26-00 Philadelphia Rob Ducey, of Player to be named later (John Sneed, rhp, 07-31-00)
07-31-00 Tampa Bay Steve Trachsel, rhp Mark Guthrie, lhp Brent Abernathy, if
RICCIARDI ERA
07-01-02 New York (AL) Scott Wiggins, lhp Raul Mondesi, of
07-16-03 Minnesota Bobby Kielty, OF Shannon Stewart, OF Player to be named later (David Gassner, lhp, 12-17-03)
07-24-04 Boston John Hattig, if Terry Adams, rhp
07-22-05 Detroit Player to be named later (cash considerations) John McDonald, if
07-22-06 San Francisco Jeremy Accardo, rhp Shea Hillenbrand, if Vinnie Chulk, rhp
07-31-09 Cincinnati Edwin Encarnacion, if Josh Roenicke, rhp Zach Stewart, rhp Scott Rolen, if
ANTHOPOULOS ERA
07-14-10 Atlanta Yunel Escobar, if Alex Gonzalez, if
Jo-Jo Reyes, lhp Tyler Pastornicky, if
Tim Collins, lhp
07-29-10 Houston Anthony Gose, of Brett Wallace, if
07-12-11 Los Angeles (NL) Cash considerations Juan Rivera, of
07-27-11 Chicago (AL) Edwin Jackson, rhp Jason Frasor, rhp
Mark Teahen, if/of Zach Stewart, rhp
07-27-11 St. Louis Colby Rasmus, of Edwin Jackson, rhp
Brian Tallet, lhp Octavio Dotel, rhp
Tever Miller, lhp Marc Rzepczynski, lhp
P.J. Walters, rhp Corey Patterson, of
07-20-12 Houston J.A. Happ, lhp Francisco Cordero, rhp
Brandon Lyon, rhp Ben Francisco, of
David Carpenter, rhp Carlos Perez, c
Asher Wojciechowski, rhp
David Rollins, lhp
Joe Musgrove, rhp
Player to be named later (Kevin Comer, rhp)
07-30-12 Pittsburgh Brad Lincoln, rhp Travis Snider, of
07-30-12 Seattle Steve Delabar, rhp Eric Thames, of

Data from the 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Official Guide

Latest News

In This Article

Teams