You're Welcome A's Saturday Aug 10, 2013 Links

Tom Szczerbowski

Esmil Rogers proved to be all the A's needed to help get some players (I see you Josh Reddick) out of their hitting woes.

SADNESS RECAP

Reddick busts out with 3 homers as A's rout Jays - SFGate
Reddick busts out with 3 homers as A's rout Jays The A's, especially struggling outfielder Josh Reddick, regained some offensive mojo Friday night against the Blue Jays - and the team has a little extra buzz for Saturday's game, too, with a top prospect in action.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays’ Jose Bautista dedicates game to young fan killed in accident | Toronto Star
Jose Bautista responded Friday night to the wishes of a Wisconsin father whose son was tragically killed in a UTV accident last weekend.

Blue Jays mailbag: Should Toronto chase Roy Halladay in the offseason? | Toronto Star
For your amusement: In this week’s edition of the mailbag, Richard Griffin answers questions on Halladay, Lind’s struggles and other hot-button topics in Blue Jays nation.

Blue Jays' veteran Mark DeRosa has winning attitude | Toronto Star
Presented without comment: The Jays pulled DeRosa off waivers the moment he was claimed, underlining the value the classy veteran infielder has brought to the club in a troubled season.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: John Olerud's 1993 Season
Ian looks at the amazing that was 93 Olerud. All this before Cito tried to turn him into Willie Upshaw and Gord Ash cemented his legacy as the Jays worst GM ever by trading him for almost nothing.

Updated by Damaso's Burnt Shirt

Josh Johnson Clears Waivers: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
Breaking! And not a surprise at all.

MLB LINKS

Currently historic: Yu’ve been Trout fishing
We look at Yu Darvish, Mike Trout makes an appearance, and Linden wins the national pun championship for his titling of this article.

30 modest proposals
When it comes to racing, why stop with sausages?

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Swings | FanGraphs Baseball
Jeff's wildest swings of the week.

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
Jeff looks at the worst pitches of the week. No Jays.

David Ortiz Found A Baby Somewhere
Where did David Ortiz get that baby? Is he going to eat the baby? Put the baby down, Mr. Ortiz. We can find you another one.

This 12-Year-Old Little Leaguer Is Roughly The Size Of Kevin Youkilis
Meet Chad Lorkowski. Although this boy looks old enough to comfortably buy cigarettes without being carded, he is 12 years old. Yes. Seriously.

TODAY IN SADNESS AND TIMELY HISTORY

Baseball History August 10th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1994 The Expos win for the 20th time in their last 22 games when they blank Pittsburgh at Three Rivers Stadium, 4-0. The victory puts the team 35 games over .500, a franchise record, but sadly it will be the last game Montreal will win due to the impending players' strike that will eventually end season.

2005 Radio talk-show host Larry Krueger, who caused an uproar in the team’s clubhouse, is fired by KNBR, the flagship station of the Giants for making inappropriate racial remarks. During a postgame rant the controversial the on-air personality said the team had too many ``brain-dead Caribbean hitters” and tells his listeners that manager Felipe Alou's mind "has turned to Cream of Wheat".