Saturday Bantering: Juan Perez to 60-day DL, Mickey Storey up

Juan Perez - Otto Greule Jr

Bad news about Juan Perez, he has a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow and was put on the 60-day DL. It could mean Tommy John surgery.  I was really enjoying watching him pitch, but the windup did look like an injury waiting to happen. Juan made 19 appearances out of the Blue Jays bullpen, putting up a 3.69 ERA in 31.2 innings. He set a team record by going 22 scoreless innings to start his Jays career.

Mickey Storey comes back to the Jays. He pitched twice for us earlier in the season, 3.2 innings, 6 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, 5 k. In Buffalo he had a 2.79 ERA in 51.2 innings, 35 hits, 13 walks, 62 k.

Along with that news, the Jays announced that they have activated Drew Hutchison off the DL and assigned him to Buffalo. It would be nice to see him in Toronto in September.

Jon Heyman reports that Josh Johnson cleared waivers...which really isn't news, I'd bet that 80% of the guys in the majors have cleared waivers this month.  You would think there would be real baseball stories that Heyman could tell us about.