Blue Jays 4 A's 6: Jays take 11 base on balls, but can't win.

Reyes gets a rare hit with RISP - Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sport

A's 6 Blue Jays 4

Add it to the list of games we should have won.

2 for 11 with RISP, 15 left on base. We took 11 walks. 11. And still lost. Every Jay that batted had at least one walk, even pinch hitter J.P. Arencibia, except for Brett Lawrie and Brett was 3 for 5. Rajai Davis walked twice. It was just a frustrating game. We had 7 hits on the day, though Brett's 3 and Jose Reyes' 2 accounted for most of them. Josh Thole and Emilio Bonifacio had the other two. We had plenty of chances. The A's tried to help by making 2 errors, but we are beyond help.

We even scored a run and loaded the bases in the bottom of the 9th, against the slowest working pitcher I've ever seen. Grant Balfour works even slower than Jason Frasor. It was painful to watch, I guess he figured the longer he held onto the ball, the long nothing bad could happen. He game up a hit and 3 walks in the inning, including the walks to JP and Rajia, and you have to work to walk those two. But Reyes ground out, with the bases loaded, to end the game.

But then we loaded the bases 3 times.

R.A. Dickey had a pretty good start, 7 innings, 6 hits, 3 earned, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts. The solo home run to Brandon Moss, to dead center field hurt.

Darren Oliver was terrible, 4 hits and 3 earned in 2/3's of an inning. Emilio Bonifacio almost helped him out, tried for and just missed a catch at the wall. Then Jose Reyes dropped his throw back into the infield, costing us a good chance to cut down the runner trying to score. Brad Lincoln allowed just 1 walk while getting the last 4 outs.

Jays of the Day are Rajai (.129 for the 2 walks, at big moments) and Brett (.101, who I should take something off for his 9th inning, 3 base error, but it was his bobble head day and he did hit the ball and drove in a run).

Suckage goes to Oliver (-.424) and Bautista (.-.128, he really could have helped us out, but I suppose, after homers the last two games I shouldn't ask for too much more).

Tomorrow's another day, I guess.

The good news is Josh Reddick didn't homer.

SB Nation Featured Video