Today in Blue Jay History (or yesterday actually): Rajai Davis makes the catch of a lifetime

Tom Szczerbowski

One year ago yesterday, this happened:

It was a pretty amazing game for Rajai Davis. The Yankees would go on to score 3 runs that inning, off of Brad Lincoln, to turn a 10-4 game into a 10-7 game, but without that catch, who knows what might have happened. Rajai was the hero with the bat too, getting 2 hits, both doubles and drove in 5 runs, leading us to a 10 to 7 win over the Yankees. Edwin Encarnacion hit a 2-run homer as well.

It really amazes me that this lineup:

Rajai Davis, LF

Mike McCoy, 2B

Edwin Encarnacion, DH

David Cooper, 1B

Moises Sierra, RF

Jeff Mathis, C

Yan Gomes, 3B

Anthony Gose, CF

Adeiny Hechavarria, SS

could score 10 runs in a game. I'd be surprised if they got 10 runs in a week. But they managed 7 runs, in 4 innings, off Phil Hughes and 3 more runs off reliever Ryota Igarashi. If Igarashi's name looks familiar, he pitched in 2 games for the Blue Jays earlier in the season, totaling 1 inning, allowing 4 runs. He was picked up by the Yankees, from us, off waivers. This game was the 2nd and last time he pitched for the Yankees, bringing his season ERA to 18.00.