Report: Kevin Pillar called up to Blue Jays, Colby Rasmus to DL

The only picture of Kevin Pillar we have and there is a giant parrot standing over him. - USA TODAY Sports

Multiple twitter folks are saying that Kevin Pillar is being called up to Toronto for tonight's game. That would mean that Colby Rasmus is going  on the DL, with the oblique injury. I'm sad about that, he is one of the few guys that is hitting at the moment, and he's hurt.

Anyway, Pillar has quite the year. He started at New Hampshire, hit .313/.361/.441 there in 71 games. Then was moved up the Buffalo, hitting .299/.341/.493 in 52 games there. He has 23 stolen bases, caught 13 times, so I'd rather he not steal. He's played all three outfield spots, but will likely be playing CF in Toronto.

The Jays need to make a spot on the 40-man for him. One of the guys on the DL could be moved to the 60-day or Mauro Gomez is on the 40-man, and could be DFAed, he hasn't played since 3rd and is on the 7-day minor league DL.

Pillar is 24, RHB, he really doesn't have that one skill that makes you say he should be a great major leaguer. I guess Reed Johnson might be the model. Kevin getting the call is not a sign of confidence in Anthony Gose. I hope Gose takes this as a challenge and not as a reason to give up.

Best of luck, Kevin. Looking forward to seeing you play.

Looks like it is comfirmed: