Thursday BBB Links: Disaster Avoidance Edition

That's a happy guy. - Brad White

Brett Cecil blew the save but thanks to a walk off hit from Brett Lawrie a great Esmil Rogers start didn't go to waste. Today's links include the trade of Bonifacio, a Puig to Trout comparison and the future of transportation.

Lost in all the late game shenanigans was a great start from Esmil Rogers against an excellent lineup. Tip of the hat to you Mr. Rogers.

JAYS LINKS

Lawrie the hero; Blue Jays edge Red Sox in 10 - Sportsnet.ca
"Brett Lawrie hit an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Toronto Blue Jays snapped a three-game slide with a 4-3 walk off victory over the Boston Red Sox Wednesday."

Kyle Drabek joins Bisons staff | Buffalo Bisons News
"Kyle Drabek has joined the Bisons as Thad Weber, Kevin Pillar and Munenori Kawasaki were promoted to Toronto. Drabek has been impressive in his return from Tommy John surgery."

Bonifacio 'just didn’t work out' for Blue Jays - Sportsnet.ca
"Emilio Bonifacio’s partial season in Toronto didn’t work out the way the Blue Jays hoped. Not with the bat, not with the glove, and not on the bases." You can say that again.

Callup candidates: Seven who could join Jays - Sportsnet.ca

"The Toronto Blue Jays may use some of the remaining 43 regular season games to assess their minor-league talent. Here’s what you need to know about seven of the team's callup candidates."

Hello Kevin Pillar? | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com

Looking forward to articles on Pillar that don't include a Reed Johnson comparison. Not picking on Stoeten in particular it's just a bit repetitive at this point.

Blue Jays Plus

A piece on Brett Lawrie's emergence from the soon to return guys at Blue Jays Plus.

AL EAST LINKS

The case for Robinson Cano as baseball's first $30 Million Man - MLB - Joe Sheehan - SI.com
If the Yankees want to give a guy on the wrong side of 30 that kind of money they can be my guest

Alex Rodriguez reportedly tells Robinson Cano he shouldn't sign with the Yankees - Pinstriped Bible
"Alex Rodriguez reportedly tells Robinson Cano he shouldn't sign with the Yankees next season"

A healthy Stephen Drew having stellar second half for Red Sox - Over the Monster
"After dealing with two injuries earlier this year, a now-healthy Stephen Drew is having a very productive second half"

The One That Got Away: Dane De La Rosa - DRaysBay

"Should the Rays have given him more of a chance in the major leagues?" It's sad that the Rays are so well run that "the one that got away" could be just some bullpen arm.

A tale of two Mid-Atlantic seasons - Camden Chat

"The Orioles and Nationals defy projections in different ways"

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Joey Votto’s Official Moment of Weakness | FanGraphs Baseball
More on the Votto popup phenomenon

Weaver looks like playoff ace, for team with no chance of getting there - CBSSports.com

"Jered Weaver has an 0.79 ERA in his last five starts against playoff teams. Too bad the Angels haven't built a playoff team around him." Weaver continues to baffle guys with despite his non-existent velocity.

Kyle Lohse: Teaching an Old Curve New Grips | FanGraphs Baseball

For all of those people out there who feel deprived of Kyle Lohse related content.

What's wrong with Prince Fielder? - Baseball Nation

"It's been a great season for the Tigers, but a poor one for Prince Fielder, the Tigers' highest-paid player. Tuesday, a teammate hinted at an off-the-field explanation for Fielder's struggles."

Comparing past Mike Trout to present Yasiel Puig - SBNation.com

"There's a lot of season left, but it's a closer comparison than you might think."

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

BBC - Future - Technology - Horizons: The planes that can pick up trains
"Students have come up with a radical idea for cutting journey times in 2050 – aircraft that collect and drop-off passengers in moving pod-like carriages."