Buffalo Bisons (65-60)
The Bisons played against the Rochester Red Wings yesterday and took an 8-3 win as they stormed back against the Red Wings late, scoring seven runs in their last three half innings. Former Blue Jay Darin Mastroianni was in the Red Wings lineup for this one, he played CF and batted 9th, he went 0-2 with a walk and two strikeouts. Mastroianni is in Rochester for the last stop on his rehab assignment, in that rehab stint he has hit just .161/.308/.226 in three levels. With the Bisons win yesterday they hopped over the Norfolk Tides and still sit half a game back of the Wild Card in the International League behind the Pawtucket Red Sox.
- Mike McCoy - 1-3
- Anthony Gose - 1-3/BB/2SO/SB, finishing his season strong so far as he's hitting .288/.311/.458 in August with 10 stolen bases in 11 attempts.
- Jim Negrych - 2-4
- Andy LaRoche - 1-4/2B
- Clint Robinson - 1-4/HR
- Ryan Goins - 0-4/2SO, hitting .194/.286/.226 in his last ten games.
- Moises Sierra - 2-4/HR/3RBI, Moises is hitting .324/.342/.735 in his last ten games with four dingers.
- Ricardo Nanita - 2-4/2 2B
- Sean Ochinko - 2-4/2B/2RBI/CS
- Drew Hutchison - 3IP/4H/2ER/2BB/4K, Drew threw 42-72 pitches for strikes, (throwing a strike 58% of the time).
- Joel Carreno - 2IP/1H/0ER/0BB/1K, 23 strikes in 31 pitches thrown, (74% strikes).
- Kyle Drabek - 3IP/0H/0ER/0BB/3K, 20 strikes in 32 pitches (62% strikes).
- Jeremy Jeffress - 1IP/0H/0ER/1BB/1K, 8 strikes in 15 pitches (53%).
New Hampshire Fisher Cats (58-63)
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats played the New Britain Rock Cats yesterday and had a 7-2 victory thanks to a big 6th inning in which they scored four in the inning. New Hampshire now sits in third place in the Eastern League Eastern division, they are currently six and a half games out of a playoff spot.
- Kenny Wilson - 2-4/BB/2SB
- A.J. Jimenez - 0-4/BB/CS
- Adam Loewen - 1-5/3B
- Brad Glenn - 1-3/BB, after last nights game Glenn was promoted to Buffalo to take Kevin Pillar's spot on the roster.
- Gabe Jacobo - 1-5/2B
- Kevin Nolan - 0-3/BB
- Ryan Schimpf - 1-4
- John Tolisano - 1-4/2B/3RBI
- Deck McGuire - 9IP/6H/2ER/0BB/6K/1HR, nice to see Deck have a real good start yesterday, it will be interesting to see if the Jays wanna get a look at what he can do in September.
Dunedin Blue Jays (59-57)
Dunedin played against the Lakeland Flying Tigers yesterday and took a 5-0 win, as they jumped all over Lakeland starter and former Blue Jay Octavio Dotel early who was making a start in his rehab assignment. Dunedin still sits in second place in their division and of course have their automatic bye into the playoffs as they were the first half champs.
- Jon Berti - 1-3/BB/CS
- Shane Opitz - 1-3/2B/BB
- K.C. Hobson - 2-4/2B
- Gustavo Pierre - 1-4/2B, Pierre has had a nice stretch in his last ten games as he's hitting .290/.303/.645, mostly thanks to his game back on the tenth where he went 4-4 and hit for the cycle.
- Derrick Chung - 1-3/2RBI
- Oliver Dominguez - 1-3/HR
- Pierce Rankin - 1-3/2B
- Aaron Sanchez - 5IP/4H/0ER/1BB/6K, induced nine groundouts and not one flyout.
- Wil Browning - 3IP/2H/0ER/0BB/0K
- Ajay Meyer - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/0K
Lansing Lugnuts (52-69)
Lansing squared off against the West Michigan Whitecaps yesterday in Midwest League action and took a 6-2 win as they outhit their opponents 12-4 in this one and struck very early with a five run 2nd inning. Lansing currently sits second last in their division and are twenty-three games back of first place.
- Dwight Smith Jr. - 1-5
- Dalton Pompey - 1-5
- Christian Lopes - 1-5
- Jordan Leyland - 1-3/BB
- Santiago Nessy - 2-4/2SO
- Chris Hawkins - 1-4
- Emilio Guerrero - 3-4/2B/3B
- Kellen Sweeney - 2-4/3RBI/SB
- Ben White - 6IP/3H/0ER/2BB/5K
- Javier Avendano - 1IP/0H/0ER/1BB/1K, gotta say it's been awhile since I've seen his name.
- Ian Kadish - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/1K
- Arik Sikula - 1IP/1H/0ER/1BB/1K
Vancouver Canadians (31-27)
The Canadians won by a score of 10-1 yesterday as they stomped the Everett AquaSox, the Canadians scored early, and often in this one, they outhit the AquaSox 15-3. The Canadians now sit one game back of the AquaSox in their division thanks to this victory.
- Chaz Frank - 0-2/BB/SB
- Ian Parmley - 2-3/BB
- L.B. Dantzler - 2-4/HR
- Andy Fermin - 2-4/2B/BB
- Justin Atkinson - 1-5
- Michael Reeves - 1-4/HR
- Melvin Garcia - 2-5/3SO
- Christian Vazquez - 2-5
- David Harris - 2-4
- Tom Robson - 5IP/2H/1ER/2BB/4K, in typical Robson fashion he induced 8 groundouts, compared to just 2 flyouts.
- Justin James - 3IP/0H/0ER/0BB/3K
- Brandon Dorsett - 1IP/1H/0ER/1BB/0K
Bluefield Blue Jays (34-17)
The Blue Jays played a double header yesterday against the Bristol White Sox, the Blue Jays would take a 1-0 victory in the first game of the double header in seven innings as their lone run came in the third inning.
- D.J. Davis - 1-3
- Derrick Loveless - 2-3
- Mitch Nay - 0-2
- Dawel Lugo - 0-3
- Matt Dean - 1-3
- John Silviano - 1-3
- Zak Wasilewski - 5IP/6H/0ER/0BB/4K, GO/FO ratio of 5-1 in this start.
- Phil Kish - 2IP/1H/0ER/1BB/1K
Bluefield Blue Jays (35-17)
Bluefield would also take the second game of this double header, this time they won by a score of 5-1. With both wins yesterday, Bluefield is now 2.5 games ahead of the second place Pulaski Mariners, Bluefield currently has a winning percentage of .673, which is best in their league.
- D.J. Davis - 1-3/HR/BB
- Mitch Nay - 2-4/2B
- Dawel Lugo - 2-4/2B
- Matt Dean - 3-4/2B/3RBI
- Angel Rojas - 2-3/2B
- Alberto Tirado - 5IP/1H/0ER/2BB/6K, GO/FO ratio of 5-1.
- Alvido Jimenez - 1IP/2H/1ER/0BB/0K
- Brett Barber - 1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/2K
GCL Blue Jays (21-26)
The Gulf Coast League Blue Jays took a 7-1 loss to the GCL Yankees yesterday. The GCL Jays currently sit 2.5 games back of first place in their division, but sit at the very bottom of their division.
- Franklin Barreto - 1-3, also had his 19 error in the field, a fielding error. Barreto will now make the jump to Bluefield along with recently drafted pitcher Clinton Hollon.
- Gabriel Cenas - 1-4
- Koby Kraemer - 1-2
- Jesus Tinoco - 4IP/4H/3ER/5BB/1K
- Francisco Diaz - 2IP/3H/2ER/3BB/0K
- Matthew Smoral - 1IP/2H/1ER/2BB/2K
- Jose Fernandez - 1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/1K, no...not THAT Jose Fernandez, we didn't steal him from the Marlins too..
- Chad Beck - 1IP/1H/0ER/1BB/1K
DSL Blue Jays (35-26)
The DSL Blue Jays lost to DSL Tigers in Dominican Summer League action yesterday by a score of 5-2, the Blue Jays currently sit 6.5 games back of the Tigers, and are second place in the division.
- Juan Fuente - 1-3/BB/SB
- Deiferson Barreto - 2-4/2 2B
- Richard Urena - 0-4/2SO
- Juan Kelly - 2-3/2B/BB
- Ronniel Demorizi - 1-3/BB/SB
- Rodrigo Orozco - 1-1
- Dean Bell - 1-4
- Juliandry Higuera - 5IP/9H/5ER/1BB/5K/1HR
- Jonathan Torres - 3IP/0H/0ER/4BB/3K
- Hamly Suero - 1IP/0H/0ER/1BB/1K