Blue Jays put Munenori Kawasaki on Paternity List, Activate J.A. Happ from Bereavement List

Tom Szczerbowski

So the headline says it all, there is going to be a mini nori, Munenori Kawasaki is going on the Paternity List. To take his spot J.A. Happ come off the Bereavement List. So we have the circle of life happening.

Kawasaki can be on the Paternity List for up to three games, so his wife Maiko is under the gun now. Get on it. Actually, they don't normally go on the Paternity List until labour has started so there will be a tiny Kawasaki pretty soon I'm sure. We should get them a present, I'm sure there is money left in the Super PAC.

Happ was away from the team to go to his grandfather's funeral. Time on the Bereavement List can last up to 7 games, I thought the Jays weren't going to activate him until his next start, but since they have the roster space now, no reason not to activate him. When Munenori returns to the team, someone, likely a reliever will be sent now.

The roster moves keep coming. Last night Anthony Gose joined the club and Mickey Storey was sent down. It is never boring.

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Kawasaki. They'll never have a good night's sleep again. I get the feeling that Munenori will be a great dad, he doesn't seem to have grownup himself.