FanPost

Your best fan experiences of 2013

Hi everyone. I don't think I'm going to ruffle anyone's feathers by declaring this season an unmitigated poostorm of injuries, bad luck, missed expectations, and straight-up lousy baseball. Having said that, I'm sure some of us have at least one or two nice experiences at the Rogers Centre, or an away game for those further afield. I'll contribute my favorites to kick it off.

1. Saturday, August 10th vs. Oakland. Attending the game with my wife, son, in-laws and a few other families from my church group in what I'm trying to make an annual event (this is our second year going). The Jays win 5-4 on the back of home runs by Jose Bautista and Jose Reyes, but more importantly the kids in the group have a great time with one of our Sunday school workers who graciously escorts them to get their faces painted and their pictures taken. Afterwards, I get to escort my son around the bases, holding his hand as we "motor" around the infield. If nothing else this year, I hope this season has made him a Jays fan for a long, long time.

2. Tuesday, June 18th vs. Colorado. Luxury box through work. Jays win in a romp, 8-3. Middle of that glorious two week stretch when we all though the team had turned the corner. Memories, misty water-coloured memories.....uh, hmmm, where was I?

3. Saturday, April 6th vs. Boston. First game we attend this year and the Jays win 5-0 when J.P. Arencibia and Colby Rasmus hit bombs and John Lackey breaks himself. Remember April, when the season is new and anything seems possible? There will be another one along soon. Perhaps fate will smile on our Blue Jays then.