Blue Jay 4 Rays 5: yesterday's walk off was so much more fun

Reyes jumping over the runner sliding into second. - Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

We still can't win at The Trop.

Blue Jays 4 Rays 5

I liked yesterday's walk off game. This one, not so much.

R.A. Dickey was ok, not great. If he had come out after 5 innings, it would have looked so much better. He gave up 3 runs over the 6th and 7th innings. In all, 6 hits, 4 earned, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts, in 7 innings plus the home run allowed to Matt Joyce. He left with us down 4-3 but we tied things again in the top of the 8th.

Sergio Santos started the 8th and gave up a lead off single, but struck out Matt Joyce, and after a intentional walk to Evan Longoria, got Wil Myers to ground to Jose Reyes, who got the force at 3rd. Aaron Loup came and got James Loney to ground out. Maicer Izturis made a very nice play to get to the ball hit to his right.

But Loup gave up a 1 out walk to Yunel Escobar and Jose Lobaton drove a ball down the right field line that Jose Bautista bobbled. Yunel scored easily on it and that was the game.

Escobar had a good game against us, he had a triple (though it could have been a double plus an error to Gose, he run a long way to cut off the drive, before it got to the wall, but then kicked it)  to go along with the walk, scored twice and had an RBI.

We should have scored more. We had 13 hits, but they were all singles, except for Josh Thole's triple. Maicer Iztuiris had 3 hits. 2 each for Edwin Encaracion, Adam Lind and Brett Lawrie. Everyone else in the starting lineup had at least 1 hit, except for Kevin Pillar, who was 0 for 3 but did put down a nice bunt.

Anthony Gose was 1 for 4 and had 2 RBI. He made a couple of nice catches in center field.

Once again we left a lot of guys on base, 11. We went 3 for 13 with RISP.

Jays of the Day are Gose (.196 WPA) and Izturis (.128).

Suckage: Dickey (-.382), Loup (-.300), Reyes (-.188) and Pillar (-.120).

Another day, another loss. Sort of immune, but I could have done without Escobar scoring the winning run.

Nice game thread tonight. 33 of us put up 1,070 comments. Kraemer_17 led the way, showing great character.

# Commenter # Comments
3 expos&nordiques4ever 99
4 MjwW 91
5 Alan F. 79