Blue Jays 2 Yankees 4: Jays lose again

A Yankee not getting picked off of first. - Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 2 Yankees 4

Another day, another loss. Yeah, it isn't even a surprise anymore.

R.A. Dickey pitched well, for 7 innings, but gave up a 2-run homer to Alfonso Soriano in the 8th and that was enough to get the loss. He gave up a run each of the 2nd and 3rd innings as well. In all,  he pitched an 8 inning complete game, with 6 hits allowed, 4 earned runs, 2 walks and 9 strikeouts.

On offense, we didn't do much. We scored a run in the 2nd. Anthony Gose singled and stole second and Munenori Kawasaki singled him home. In the 4th inning, Josh Thole hit his first home run as a Blue Jay.

We had 5 hits in total. 4 in 3 innings off someone named Adam Warren, getting our 2 runs. Then we were only able to get 1 hit (with 4 walks) in 5 innings against David Huff. Mariano Rivera pitched the 9th to get the save.

Rajai Davis managed a 1-out double off Rivera, but then got himself picked off second. A major league team shouldn't be getting guys picked off second when they are down by 2 in the 9th, but then Davis knows that, you know that, everyone knows that. It's hard to believe how bad this team has been.

On the reporting the positive side, Brett Lawrie made a couple of terrific plays on defense. And that's about it.

No Jay of the Day today, Thole led the way with a .040.

Suckage goes to Dickey (-.101), DeRose (-.107, 0 for 3) and to Davis for being picked off.

Also, lets give one to Jose Reyes, who got thrown out of the game for throwing his helmet back towards the umpire after arguing balls and strikes. Jose you really have to be smarter than that. Especially when you are one of the few useful offensive players we have.

Ichiro Suzuki hit his 4,000th career hit, if you combine his career in Japan with his MLB career.

In travel news, I climbed Mount Royal and enjoyed the beautiful view of the city from up top. Then, trying to find my way back, I got lost, but a nice fellow from Spain helped me figure out what bus to take to get back close to where we are staying and we pooled our change so we had enough to take the bus. I also saw people filming a movie or TV show, and I stuck around to watch for a bit and James Franco was part of the scene they were shooting. Other than the baseball game, I had a good day. Tomorrow we have tickets to the Alouettes game, thankfully saving me from watching the Jays.