Chien-Ming Wang to start for Blue Jays Saturday

USA TODAY Sports

Manager John Gibbons told reporters that Chien-Ming Wang will make tomorrow's start against the Astros. I was kind of hoping it would be Sean Nolin or Kyle Drabek or Marcus Stroman but Wang gets the call. The Jays have an open roster spot after Aaron Loup went on the paternity list today. He can be on it for up to three days, so Mrs. Loup is on the clock.

Wang, as you'll remember, made 5 starts for us earlier in the season. He had a 1-1 record with a 7.13 ERA, 35 hits, 8 walks and 11 strikeouts in 24 innings. His first 3 starts were pretty good, or pretty lucky. His last two starts he only lasted 1.2 innings in each and gave up 13 earned runs in the 3.1 innings.

Wang has been doing a good job for the Bisons, in his last 10 games he has a 4-3 record with a 3.18 ERA, 12 walks and 30 strikeouts in 51 innings.

I'm hoping the last Bison out of Buffalo remembers to turn out the lights.