8/26 - Blue Jays MiLB Recap: Dalton Pompey hits two long balls in Lansing's big win!

Bisons 'staff ace' Mike McCoy didn't get a chance to pitch yesterday, but he was pretty solid offensively! - Brad White

Hutchison got smacked around a little in the first game of Buffalo's double header, Justin Germano was solid in the second game, and Jesus Tinoco didn't have a very solid line in Gulf Coast League action.

Sorry for the long wait between posts for those of you that were anxiously waiting my next post (I hope none of you, because that would be kinda sad), but yeah, I had some baseball activities of my own that were in the way.  It's now time to get back into the 'swing' of things, so without any further delay, lets begin with the Bisons highlights (and low-lights)!

Buffalo Bisons (70-66)

The Buffalo Bisons won the first game of their double header yesterday against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs by a final score of 5-2 in 7 innings.  The Bisons are currently a long shot for the IL Wild Card as they sit two and a half games back of the IL Wild Card behind the Norfolk Tides and their elimination number is currently at six games.

  • Mike McCoy - 2-4/2RBI/SB, with the stolen base that is his 28th on the year, he has successfully stolen 28 bases in 35 attempts now, good for a SB% of 80%.
  • A.J. Jimenez - 0-4/SO
  • Mauro Gomez - 0-4/3SO
  • Brad Glenn - 0-2/BB, Glenn has put up a line of .314/.419/.600 since joining the Bisons.
  • Andy LaRoche - 1-3/2B
  • Ricardo Nanita - 1-2/BB
  • Luis Jimenez - 1-3
  • Ryan Langerhans - 2-3/2B
  • Drew Hutchison - 4.1IP/6H/2ER/1BB/5K/1HR, apparently Hutchison was serving up some cookies tonight according to a scout who was at the game.
  • John Stilson - 1.2IP/2H/0ER/0BB/3K, it really would be nice to see JStilly in September.
  • Jeremy Jeffress - 1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/1K, would be nice to see Jeffress in September also, he has been great after the all-star break in limited time, putting up an ERA of 1.13 in 16 innings.

Buffalo Bisons (70-67)

The Bisons lost the second game of their double header by a final score of 3-2, the Herd lineup collected just two hits and three baserunners in this one.

  • Mike McCoy - 0-2/BB, also had an error in the field, his 10th on the season.
  • Blake Gailen - 2-3/HR/2RBI/SB, Gailen has put up a line of .417/.385/.667 since being signed out of the Atlantic League just a few days back.
  • Justin Germano - 6IP/5H/1ER/0BB/4K
  • Mickey Storey - 0.2IP/3H/0ER/0BB/0K

New Hampshire Fisher Cats (66-68)

The Fisher Cats were doubled up 10-5 in their game yesterday against the Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. With the loss the Fisher Cats are now fifteen and a half games back of first and three games back of second, the Fisher Cats elimination number is now at five games.

Lansing Lugnuts (57-66)

The Lansing Lugnuts lineup had an offensive explosion last night as they put up 18 runs, en route to defeating the Dayton Dragons by a score of 18-6. With a current winning percentage of .474, it's pretty easy to see that the Lugnuts are out of a playoff spot, but if you needed extra re-assurance I'll just tell you that they're currently 21 games back. The Lugnuts broadcast team had a closer view of the action in this one as they called this one from the stands!

  • Dalton Pompey - 3-4/2HR/2RBI/2BB
  • Emilio Guerrero - 3-6/2B/HR/4RBI
  • Christian Lopes - 2-5/2RBI
  • Kevin Patterson - 2-6/RBI/3SO
  • Daniel Klein - 1-5/2B/BB
  • Chris Hawkins - 1-1/4BB
  • Jordan Leyland - 3-5/HR/6RBI
  • Carlos Ramirez - 0-4/BB
  • Jason Leblebijian - 2-5/RBI
  • Eric Brown - 6IP/3H/2ER/1BB/1K/1HR
  • Tucker Donahue - 1IP/3H/1ER/0BB/1K
  • Chad Girodo - 1IP/2H/2ER/1BB/2K
  • Griffin Murphy - 1IP/2H/0ER/0BB/0K

Vancouver Canadians (36-34)

The Canadians won their game last night as they squared off against the Spokane Indians and won by a final score of 3-1. With the win the last night the Canadians now sit four and a half games back of first in their division with just seven games left to play in the season. The Canadians will make the playoffs if they continue to hold the second place spot in their division.

  • Chaz Frank - 2-4/2B
  • Justin Atkinson - 1-3/BB
  • L.B. Dantzler - 0-2/2BB
  • Brenden Kalfus - 1-3/BB/SB
  • Dawel Lugo - 2-4/RBI
  • Ian Parmley - 1-3
  • Alonzo Gonzalez - 5.1IP/2H/0ER/1BB/3K
  • Scott Silverstein - 1.2IP/1H/1ER/2BB/1K
  • Garrett Pickens - 1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/1K
  • Chuck Ghysels - 1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/1K

Bluefield Blue Jays (40-23)

Bluefield took a 3-2 loss last night against the Greenville Astros as the 'stros walked off on a throwing error by Franklin Barreto. As the Blue Jays were going for a 4-6-3 double play in attempt to get out of the inning, they got the first out at second, but Barreto could not make a good enough throw to get the second out, which resulted in the runner on third base scoring. With the loss last night the Pulaski Mariners gained some ground on Bluefield in their division as the Blue Jays now hold a half a game lead.

  • Franklin Barreto - 1-5, Barreto had two errors in the field today.
  • D.J. Davis - 1-3
  • Tim Locastro - 0-3/BB/SB
  • Mitch Nay - 1-4
  • Matt Dean - 2-4/2SB
  • Jonathan Davis - 1-4
  • Jorge Saez - 1-4
  • Nico Taylor - 1-3/SB
  • Alexis Maldonado - 1-4
  • Alberto Tirado - 3IP/2H/1ER/3BB/1K, also had a throwing error.
  • Mark Biggs - 3IP/3H/0ER/1BB/1K
  • Yeyfry Del Rosario - 2IP/1H/0ER/2BB/2K
  • Joe Lovecchio - 0.2IP/1H/0ER/1BB/1K

GCL Blue Jays (27-30)

The GCL Blue Jays lost this one by a final score of 7-6 as they fell to the GCL Pirates when the Pirates made a late rally in the final few innings. The GCL Jays now sit four games back of first place in their division after the loss yesterday.

  • Richard Urena - 2-4, also had a missed catch error on the box score. Urena has had a nice start to his stint in the GCL since his promotion from the FSL, he has put up a line of .333/.364/.381 in 5 games.
  • Dan Jansen - 2-5
  • Gabriel Cenas - 1-5/2SO, Cenas has had a rough stretch in his last ten games in which he's hitting .216/.302/.243.
  • Rowdy Tellez - 2-5/HR, hopefully Rowdy starts to turn it around offensively.
  • Edwin Fuentes - 0-1/3BB/SB
  • Sean Hurley - 0-3/BB
  • Wil Dupont - 2-4/2B/3RBI/2SO
  • Josh Almonte - 1-4/2B/CS