Blue Jays 1 Yankees 7: Jays give up 4 home runs

Tom Szczerbowski

Yankees 7 Blue Jays 1

Another game, another loss.

Four batters into the game we were down 4-0. It wouldn't get any better.

J.A. Happ had a rough start to things. He started off allowing a Brett Gardner double, then Derek Jeter singled, a hit batter (putting Cano out of the game) and a Alfonso Soriano 3-run homer and basically the game was over there. Happ gave another Soriano homer in the 3rd inning. In total 4.2 innings, 7 hits, 5 earned, 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. He gave up a lot of hard hit balls.

Esmil Rogers relieved and pitched 3.1 innings, allowing 2 more solo home runs.

We didn't do much on offense either. 9 hits. 3 for Moises Sierra. 2 each for Rajai Davis and Ryan Goins. Goins is now hitting .421. Edwin Encarnacion, Mark DeRosa and J.P. Arencibia all had 0 fors. Well, Brett Lawrie was 0 for too, but just an 0 for 1, with 2 walks. Kevin Pillar drove in our 1 run, driving home Goins.

The Jays hit into inning ending double plays each of the last four innings, adding to the fun of the game.

Moises Sierra had some misadventures on the base paths. He was thrown out trying to score from second on a single. It was a bad send by third base coach Rivera, Sierra waited to make sure the ball made it through the infield and was out easy at the plate. Later in the game Moises ran into Goins grounder to between 1st and 2nd, making himself the first out of the 8th inning.

No Jays of the Day today.

Happ gets Suckage for his -.291.

Anyone else tired of bad baseball?

Good news for Cano:

You see negative is positive to doctors.