Todd Redmond Optioned, Brad Lincoln Recalled, J.A. Happ to Start In Seattle

Jonathan Moore

After a not so good outing tonight, Todd Redmond has been optioned back down to Buffalo according to multiple Blue Jays' sources:

Redmond went 3.2 innings against the Angels tonight, giving up 7 hits and 3 earned runs although he had 5 strikeouts. You would have to think another starter will be coming up to take his place. Place your bets on Ricky Romero, Sean Nolin, or Marcus Stroman along with the possibility that Kyle Drabek or J.A. Happ are ready to rejoin the big squad after extended stints away from the team:

In a perfect world Drabek would get a couple more starts to allow for him to be fully stretched out when he comes back to Toronto, but stranger things have happened.

UPDATE: Forget all that, it's Brad Lincoln coming up to the Blue Jays:

Lincoln was in Toronto for a month and a bit earlier this year pitching to a 4.15 ERA in 13 games.

It seems J.A. Happ could actually the pitcher who comes up to take the next empty start for the Blue Jays with Lincoln just acting as a band-aid for a aching bullpen:

It's looking likely Happ will be the one getting the start: