Steve Delabar to 15-Day DL, Happ to be Activated

Delabar and his inflamed shoulder. - Tom Szczerbowski

Just when the season can't get any worse, All-Star reliever Steve Delabar has been placed on the 15-day disabled list due to shoulder inflammation:

Delabar has a 2.90 ERA in 46 games this season, but had a rough outing two days ago costing the Blue Jays a win against the Angels.

J.A. Happ comes back to Toronto after being out since May 7 after being hit in the head with a line drive and hurting his knee (which was actually the more serious injury). Happ wasn't pitching very good at the beginning of the season, having a 4.91 ERA in 7 starts before the injury in Tampa Bay. Hopefully he can get a fresh start after a few months off and help shore up the rotation problems.