FanPost

8/4 - MiLB Recap

A fairly exciting night for the Blue Jays organization tonight as their teams went a combined record of 3-4 tonight, so without further ado lets take a look at all the highlights and low-lights from those games.

Buffalo Bisons (58-56)

In the midst of the Bison's playoff race, they take an 8-1 loss at the hands of the Pawtucket Red Sox after their very exciting walk-off win the night before.

  • Anthony Gose - 2-4/2B/SB, perhaps Marty Brown could be right, maybe Anthony has turned a corner this year, he's hitting .275/.341/.450 in his last ten games.
  • Kevin Pillar - 1-4
  • Jim Negrych - 1-4, his average has fell to .299, oh...how the great have fallen.
  • Moises Sierra - 0-4
  • Ryan Goins - 1-3
  • Munenori Kawasaki - 0-3
  • Joel Carreno - 1IP/0H/0ER/0BB/2K
  • Jeremy Jeffress - 1IP/2H/2ER/1BB/1K/0HR

New Hampshire Fisher Cats (54-58)

The New Hampshire Fisher Cats took an 8-3 loss last night against the Richmond Flying Squirrels. The Fisher Cats currently sit 15.5 games back of the lead in the Eastern League Eastern division, it's safe to say that their unlikely to slip into the playoffs this year..

  • Kenny Wilson - 0-4
  • Andy Burns - 1-4/HR, also committed a fielding error, his fifth in his stint with the F-Cats.
  • Adam Loewen - 1-4
  • Gabe Jacobo - 2-2/2 BB, also committed his first error on the year, a fielding error.
  • Jack Murphy - 1-3/2B, #stachepower
  • Drew Hutchison - 4.1IP/3H/1ER/1BB/7K, not having any problem striking out hitters in his minor league rehab, he has recorded 22 K's in 16.1 innings.

Dunedin Blue Jays (53-54)

The Dunedin Blue Jays took a 5-4 loss last night as they squared off against the Palm Beach Cardinals, as the Cards mounted a late comeback in the final two innings to end up winning it. The first half winning Dunedin Blue Jays currently sit 6.5 games back in the Florida State League Northern Division.

  • Jon Berti - 1-4/2RBI/BB
  • Shane Opitz - 3-5, also made a fielding and throwing error in this one, his 4th and 5th on the year.
  • K.C. Hobson - 2-4/2 2B
  • Marcus Knecht - 1-3

Lansing Lugnuts (49-62)

The Lansing Lugnuts played a double header yesterday against the Fort Wayne Tincaps, the Lugnuts won the first game by a score of 3-2 in 7 innings.

  • Dwight Smith Jr. - 0-3/BB
  • Kevin Patterson - 2-3/2B
  • Santiago Nessy - 1-2
  • Jordan Leyland - 2-3/3B
  • Daniel Norris - 5IP/3H/0ER/0BB/7K, nice to see Norris have a real good start on paper in this one, also picked up his first win on the year, is now 1-7.
  • Christian Lopes - 0-1/2 BB
  • Kellen Sweeney - 0-3
  • Chris Hawkins - 0-3

Lansing Lugnuts (49-63)

The Lugnuts would end up losing the second game of their double header against the Tincaps by a score of 3-2 also. The Tincaps scored three in the first inning, the Lugnuts chipped away, but could not make the comeback.

  • Dwight Smith Jr. - 1-4
  • Dalton Pompey - 1-2/BB/CS
  • Christian Lopes - 0-3
  • Kevin Patterson - 1-3/2B

Vancouver Canadians (29-22)

The Vancouver Canadians blanked the Hillsboro Hops by a score of 4-0. The Canadians currently trail the first place Everrett AquaSox by two games in the Northwest League Northern Division.

  • Chaz Frank - 1-4/2B
  • Ian Parmley - 2-4/SB
  • L.B. Dantzler - 1-3/BB
  • Justin Atkinson - 1-3
  • Scott Silverstein - 2IP/2H/0ER/1BB/0K
  • Garrett Pickens - 1.2IP/1H/0ER/0BB/0K

Bluefield Blue Jays (30-13)

Goodness...I love reading anything about the prospects down in Bluefield, definitely the most exciting affiliate team to follow, in my humble opinion. The Blue Jays of Bluefield took a 13-3 victory over the Princeton Rays thanks to a 10 run (!?!) fourth inning. Bluefield currently leads the Appalachian League Eastern Division by one and a half games.

  • D.J. Davis - 2-5, now hitting .260/.341/.466.
  • Alexis Maldonado - 1-4/BB
  • Nico Taylor - 1-4/HR/3RBI
  • Mitch Nay - 2-4/HR/2RBI/BB, also made his 11th error on the year in this game, he is currently hitting .324/.399/.480 on the year in Bluefield.
  • Dawel Lugo - 3-4, also had a fielding error, which was his 10th error this season, he is now hitting .309/.331/.500.
  • Matt Dean - 1-3/2B, now hitting .301/.362/.451.
  • Brady Dragmire - 5IP/1H/0ER/0BB/5K
  • Adonys Cardona - 3.2IP/1H/3ER/3BB/3K

*BOLD INDICATES PROSPECTS AND/OR GUYS THAT MIGHT NOT BE IN THE MINOR LEAGUES THEIR WHOLE CAREER *