Tuesday BBB Links: Basically More Biogenesis Edition

This doesn't look like a Mariner to me... - Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays won last night on a 2 out 2 RBI pinch hit single from Mark "veteran presents" DeRosa to bring their record to 52-60. Today's links include Lawrie's hot bat, the Trout-Cabrera debate and the latest in burger science.

Brett Lawrie was a home run short of the cycle as the Jays won on the type of clutch hit that has seemed few and far between at times this year. However, all of the baseball actually being played right now seems to be overshadowed by the Biogenesis scandal at the moment.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays rally in eighth to defeat Mariners - Sportsnet.ca
"Dickey (9-11) went 7 2-3 innings, allowing one run on eight hits. The knuckleballer struck out five and walked two to earn his first win since July 1. Casey Janssen worked the ninth for his 20th save in 22 opportunities."

Wilner: Lawrie awakens during ugly road swing - Sportsnet.ca

"Amidst the sloppy play and poor starting pitching on the Blue Jays' West Coast swing, Brett Lawrie's re-emergence has been a ray of light during a dark period of the season."

Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos short on specifics as he takes questions on team’s woes | National Post
"Perhaps it is unreasonable to expect definitive answers four months into a lost season. Perhaps there are no definitive answers"

Batter's Box Interactive Magazine - Hutchinson, Norris, and Dawson
A solid minor league rundown from Batter's Box

2013 Top Prospects: #6 Matt Smoral - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
A report on the lankiest man in the system.

AL EAST LINKS

Toward a better understanding of pitch efficiency - DRaysBay
"Or, why David Price is better than Justin Verlander."

Biogenesis Suspensions: Does Cervelli's suspension open the door for Romine? - Pinstriped Bible
"Cervelli isn't coming back, and Stewart isn't the answer. Should Romine get some more burn?"

Jose Molina's Deception: Not Just Pitch Framing - DRaysBay
"The catcher’s job is pretty simple: catch the pitches that the pitcher throws to you...."

For Red Sox, top-of-the-order-production is key - Over the Monster
"As many speculated about starting pitching being a concern for the remainder of the season, maybe the attention should be shifted to the top of the Red Sox lineup"

Derek Jeter to the disabled list again, again - Pinstriped Bible
"Derek Jeter goes to the disabled list for the third time this season"

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Trout and Cabrera: Here We Go Again | FanGraphs Baseball
This stalemate can't last for long. Miggy will have to become mortal with age soon.

Biogenesis suspensions: Don't forget about Everth Cabrera and Jesus Montero - Baseball Nation
"Everth Cabrera and Jesus Montero were supposed to be building blocks. Maybe they still are. But are they Melky Cabreras or Bartolo Colons?"

Amidst noise, a simple truth: A-Rod finally accountable for PED use - MLB - Tom Verducci - SI.com
In case you feel like you haven't read enough about A-Rod lately.

Ozzie Guillen blames Madonna for Alex Rodriguez’s suspension | For The Win
"Former manager says it is all Madonna's fault."

State of the NL Central: Pirates ascendant
"Be happy Pirates fans. Be happy."

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

BBC News - World's first lab-grown burger is eaten in London
"The world's first lab-grown burger is cooked and eaten at a news conference in London." Delicious.