Blue Jays 7 Mariners 2: Blue Jays beat Felix Hernandez

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 7 Mariners 2

I didn't get to see the game, so when I saw the score I figured 'Josh Johnson gave up 7 runs', which wouldn't surprise me. But Josh gave up 0 runs. I had to look, this is the second time this season that he hasn't given up a run in a start, the first time was June 17 against the Rockies, when he went 7.1 scoreless innings. Tonight it was just 5 scoreless. Good work by Gibby to pull him after 5 and let him go out feeling good. And he had thrown 86 pitches. He allowed 5 hits, all singles, walked 2 and struck out 5.

Juan Perez gave up a couple of runs in his 2 innings of work. Brett Cecil got 2 outs and Sergio Santos got the final 4 outs, without allowing a base runner.

The Jay got the only run they needed in the first, a Jose Reyes lead off homer. We scored 6 runs in 5 innings against King Felix, and 1 more off Carter Capps. No all the pitchers' fault, the Jays were helped along by 4 Mariner errors.

Jays of the Day: Johnson (.181 WPA), Reyes (.151), and Bonifacio (.157, double and 2 RBI).

No Suckage Jay, Josh Thole came close at a -.093, for an 0 for 4 with a k. Gibby seems to be using Thole more lately.

You guys can fill in the rest of the game in the comments.