No TTC subway or streetcar service this weekend to Blue Jays games at Rogers Centre

USA TODAY Sports

Bad news for Blue Jays fans who plan to use the TTC to head down to the Rogers Centre this weekend to catch the series with the Oakland Athletics: there will be no subway service in most of the downtown core this Saturday and Sunday. The TTC have announced that the Yonge-University-Spadina line (the yellow line) will be shut down between Bloor-Yonge and St. George stations, meaning that St. Andrew and Union stations--the two that are closest to the stadium--will not have trains running through them. The TTC are shutting down the line for signal installation.

The TTC will be running replacement buses, but they will likely be very crowded right before and after the game.

"Shuttle buses on both Yonge St. and University Ave. will be very frequent," Brad Ross, TTC's head of communications told Bluebird Banter.

Ross also suggested that commuters can choose to take the 6 Bay bus, which can be boarded from the Bay subway station on the Bloor-Danforth Line (which will remain open for the weekend). Traveling southbound, it will drop you off at Bay and Front as well as Bay and Queen's Quay.

Usually, the 510 Spadina streetcar would be a good alternative to get to the ballpark, but because of track installation at Spadina Avenue and King Street, the TTC will be operating a replacement bus service. The 510 replacement bus will actually be travelling right past the Rogers Centre, but it is unknown whether it will make any stops nearby. Ross is working on confirming the details of the 510 re-routing, and we will bring you any updates from the TTC.

Because of the trackwork at Spadina and King, the 504 King streetcar will be diverted on to Queen Street for the stretch between Church Street and Shaw Street.

Also, since the King and Spadina intersection is closed, expect delays even if you are driving to the game. The York-Bay-Yonge exit off the Gardiner Expressway would likely be preferable to the Spadina exit.

GO Transit is not expecting any service disruptions.

UPDATE: TTC communications advisor Jessica Martin tells us that there will be a temporary bus stop at Bremner Boulevard.

Martin adds, "[the] 510 Spadina replacement buses are diverting south on Peter St. – Blue Jays Way, east on Bremner Blvd, south on Rees St., west on Queens Quay, north on Spadina Ave. to northbound routing. [Blue Jays] fans taking the TTC are encouraged to utilize replacement buses from Spadina Station. Customers can board replacement buses on the main bus platform at Spadina Station."