FanPost

Edwin Encarnacion vs Jose Bautista

The past two seasons have brought out the best of EE. He has a combined 72 HR and 199 RBI from last year to so far this season. EE has a combined 7.3 WAR the past two seasons compared to 6.9 the rest of his career. This spike in numbers is alot like Jose Bautista in 2010. But it remains that EE is simply a better hitter than Bautista. This season Bautista has 25 HR 68 RBI along with 79 K's. EE has 31 HR and just 50 K's compared to 61 BB. Bautista has walked 63 times but as more K's.

In high leverage situations EE has a .316 AVG with 2 HR 13 RBI 8 BB 4 K's. Bautista on the other hand has a .287 AVG 4 HR 13 RBI with 4 BB and 9 K's. EE's slash line of .283/.375/.553 trumps Bautista's .260/.356/.496 in every category.

Edwin also has a higher WAR, WPA, wRC+, wOBA, OPS, LD%, BB/K ratio and ISO.

Which ever way you slice it, Encarnacion is a better hitter than Bautista, and the numbers back it up.