Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays In the Last Two Weeks, July 25 to August 8: Batters

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

A quick look at how our batters have been doing over the past couple of weeks.

Over the past 14 days, the Jays have gone 8-6. There has been some good baseball, and some terrible baseball. Today is their first day off since the All-Star break.

Batters

Arrow_down_3

J.P. Arencibia

26 at bats, 1 hit, a single, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 1 hit by pitch, 1 run scored, 8 strikeouts. Yeah he's been bad. If he has been trying to play through an injury, if was a bad idea. I'd like him to retire the throwing from the knees thing. I'd like him to stop claiming errors are ok if they are 'aggressive'. I don't want to judge him on 2 weeks, but he's going to have to hit on one great hot streak to save this season.

Arrow_up_3

Edwin Encarnacion

Man, I love Edwin. He hit .392/.492/.705 over the last 14 games. 4 home runs, 14 RBI, 11 walks, 5 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Maicer Izturis

Maiicer isn't hitting at all. He played in 13 of the 14 games, hit .146/..234/.170. He had 5 RBI, 5 walks, 3 strikeouts.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Reyes

He hit .310/.385/.500, 3 home runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs, 10 runs, 8 RBI, 7 walks, 10 strikeouts. The only black mark is the 3 caught stealing and only 1 steal. He's obviously not 100%, but he's been pretty darn good offensively. His range isn't what I'd like, but if he hits like this, I'll live with it.

Arrow_up_3

Brett Lawrie

I'm glad he's back playing third, I'm even happier that he is hitting, finally. He's always going to be a mess of timing issues with that swing of his. Anyway, he hit .347/.418/.632, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs, 6 RBI, 1 steal, 1 caught, 6 walks, 6 strikeouts. After last year, I'm glad to see him driving the ball too. We do forget how young he is, but I think we have a career of ups and downs to look forward too. I think there will be times we love him and times we hate him.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Melky Cabrera On the DL, again, but not suspended. He was hitting pretty well. In 7 games, he hit .333/.360/.416, 2 doubles, 4 runs, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 2 k.

Arrow_up_3

Colby Rasmus

Colby played in all 14 games.He hit .333/.355/.491, with 6 doubles, 1 home run, 8 RBI, 2 walks, 14 strikeouts. On defense, he covers a lot of ground, I've said before, though I have no way of proving it, but I'd bet hit's near the top of the league for balls he gets a glove on but doesn't catch. Our player of the month for July.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Bautista

Jose hasn't been getting the home runs we expect, but he's still hitting. .300/.393/.460, 2 doubles, 2 home runs, 8 RBI, 12 runs scored, 9 walks, 6 strikeouts. I'd love to see his usual power but I think the line is worth an up arrow. Is it my imagination, or has his range in the outfield improved a bunch this year?

Arrow_down_3

Adam Lind

He played in all 14 games, started 12. He's had a rough couple of weeks. .196/..288/.413, with 1 double, 3 home runs, 4 RBI, 8 runs, 6 walks, 10 strikeouts. It looks like he'll start more against lefties with the injury to Melky. I'd like Gibby to pinch hit for him more against lefties.

Arrow_down_3

Rajai Davis

He'll play more with Melky out. Played in 8 of the 14 games, hit .217/.250/.217, 3 runs, 1 RBI, 7 steals, 1 walk, 2 k.

Arrow_up_3

Emilio Bonifacio

He played in 7 games and he's finally started hitting. . .286/.318/.524, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 4 RBI, 4 runs, 1 walk, 5 strikeouts. No stolen bases and was caught once.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Mark DeRosa

He played in 7 games, hit .214/.278/.500, 1 double, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Josh Thole

I wish he would hit better. I do think he's had some bad luck, had some hard hit balls that found gloves, but .083/.185/.125 isn't good. 1 double, 2 RBI, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts.